NBA Discussion

Ah America, where buying a diamond ring and playing basketball in LA makes rape ok. And profitable.

This is the Lakers series.

Well Kobe didnt rape anyone so we can forget about that.

That game is exactly what the Lakers needed. Hopefully they just dont get over confident now. I dont think Kobe will let them. If the Lakers keep playing like that this will be a very short series. There isnt a team in the world that can keep up with the Lakers when they play like they did last nite. Id love to see Bynum keep playing the way he did in game 1.

Ah America, where buying a diamond ring and playing basketball in LA makes rape ok. And profitable.

This is the Lakers series.

If you said that to my face I think I would take a swing at you. That's so asinine and ridiculous and childish and petty.

That game is exactly what the Lakers needed. Hopefully they just dont get over confident now. I dont think Kobe will let them. If the Lakers keep playing like that this will be a very short series. There isnt a team in the world that can keep up with the Lakers when they play like they did last nite. Id love to see Bynum keep playing the way he did in game 1.

Bynum plays like that and I'd be surprised to play more than two games in LA. We'll see though, Orlando was horrid.

Orlando is very good shooting team and they were beyond horrible in that area last nite. Once they start hitting some shots they will be just fine. They start draining a few 3's and it will open it up inside for Howard to do what he does. No way this series is going to be as easy as it was last nite.

I don't think it has to. I don't think LA is going to double cover Dwight and leave shooter opens. Plus Kobe has proven he can lay fouls on bigs. If he can do that to Dwight the Lakers can get Howard out of the game. Further, Andrew isn't stronger but he is bigger and longer and should be able to give Dwight contention on the boards. I think Orlando will shoot better but I don't think the Lakers are going to leave shooters open like Cleveland did trying to double Dwight. Its going to be up to Gasol and Bynum to get the job done.

Shit, I was hoping for the Laker team that started the Denver series; not the one that ended it. I agree that if the Lakers continue to play like that, no team in the East could beat them. Well, possibly a healthy Boston.

I was very disappointed that Stan decided to give Jameer that many minutes. It's not the reason why we lost, but come on.

1) Jameer had more minutes than Alston who got us this far. Unacceptable in my opinion. Rafer did not seem the same after the first quarter.

2) Nelson is known for his offense, which is lacking after coming back from that injury. He seems scared to shoot and is looking to pass the ball more. In comparison, Anthony Johnson is a larger guard, that in my opinion will do fine defensively and can hit an open 3. He is in game shape and should be the one playing.

3) Should have held out on playing Nelson until after game 2, to see it could give us an emtional boost at home.

However, I would have preferred if Nelson would have not played at all during the finals.

The Magic are in big trouble unless Howard steps up his game, especially if shots continue to clank.

I just hope that the Magic can make this series entertaining, because the shit that I saw last night was ridiculous.

Props to the Kobe for getting the rest of the team involved. Also to Bynum. I was shocked with the energy level that he started with. Dwight gotta step it up.

I give you much respect for talking in such an even-handed way about the game. I agree with the Jameer Nelson thing. Fact is, the dude hasn't played in 4 months. No way he has the same mental edge as the players who've been grinding it out for the last month in the playoffs. I figured if he came back and actually played it would be best to do it in front of the home crowd and not to start the series.

So I'm thinking the Magic are coming out hot tonight and should have the lead at the half. I would say if they don't it might be 3-0.

Yea Im not as confident in the Lakers as I was for the first 2 games. I agree that if the Lakers have the lead at half then it might be a 3-0 series. Very excited for the game tonite, I think its going to be a close one.

Yea I had a bad feeling all day yesterday about the game. I didnt think Orlando would let the Lakers come in and steal the first game and basically end the series. Both teams played well but for Orlando to shoot as well as they did and only win by a couple points isnt too bad. The Lakers just have to win 1 game in Orlando so they can go back to LA with 2 games to play and a 3-2 lead.

Thats 2 games in a row where Kobe absolutely blew it at the end of regulation. Game 2 he gets his shot blocked and then with .6 seconds left or whatever he gets picked and almost lets his man score a game winning lay up. Luckily Lee blew the lay up and they won in OT. Last game he get stripped by Howard when the game was either tied or they were only down 2, cant remember. Either way he at least needs to get his shot off in those situations. Im not blaming Kobe cause the Lakers wouldnt even be this far with out him but you need your best player to come up big in those situations. Hes suppose to be the best closer in the world. Oh well, I expect him to come out hot and have a big game tomorrow nite.

I was expecting the Magic to go all out last night, I'm not sure they did but I do know a few things:

1) They will, in all likelihood not shoot 60+ percent again. Game 3 makes up for Game 1's horrid shooting. Shooting all evens out in the end, afterall.

2) The Lakers will shoot free throws better.

3) Kobe will better and hopefully a little calmer.

So we'll see but I was just hoping the Lakers would play a tight game and I believe, for the most part, they did. They made some mental mistakes and Kobe came out too jacked up in the first and exerted way too much energy that early in a game. He's had two bad games and Lamar didn't play well last night. All told, given they gave up the best percentage shooting night ever, I think the game was way too close for the Magic to feel comfortable.

I was expecting the Magic to go all out last night, I'm not sure they did but I do know a few things:

1) They will, in all likelihood not shoot 60+ percent again. Game 3 makes up for Game 1's horrid shooting. Shooting all evens out in the end, afterall.

So we'll see but I was just hoping the Lakers would play a tight game and I believe, for the most part, they did. They made some mental mistakes and Kobe came out too jacked up in the first and exerted way too much energy that early in a game. He's had two bad games and Lamar didn't play well last night. All told, given they gave up the best percentage shooting night ever, I think the game was way too close for the Magic to feel comfortable.

Yup agree on all of this.

I agree with all of this except about Odom. I thought he played excellent. In fact I think he was the go to guy in the 4th quarter for the Lakers. We really don't have an answer for him.

Kobe was absolutely amazing in the first half. Pietrus can't possibly have played him any better, and he was still hitting everything. I was glad to see him cool off in the 4th quarter.

I definitely don't feel comfortable. If the Magic could have stolen game 2 it would have been a whole different series. I really hope that the Magic win the next game for the sake of the series. If they lose, it's over. On the brightside, ticket prices might go down and maybe I could go to game 5.

Magic gotta get better on the boards. Lakers are getting too many extra shots.

I know I keep harping on this, but fucking Jameer should not be playing. Such a liability on D and his offense has been atrocious. He's the only one that had a bad game and fucking Farmar was torching him. I can't see him doing that against Anthony Johnson. Of course then the Lakers might roll with Brown which would be more of an issue for AJ due to Brown's athleticism.

You're right on Odom, sort of. He made 4 of 6 shots and 3 of 5 FTs. However, he needs more than an 11 point, 2 rebound game. He needs to be a walking double-double. Then the Lakers rise to another level.

Totally! Odom should average a double double. hes too good and too big to not be putting up those numbers all the time.

When Odom plays really well the Lakers almost always win. You get Gasol and Odom to both have good games and you can pretty much forget about beating them. Theres no team in basketball that has an answer for both of them at the same time....and of course Kobe is going to get his. Thats a given.