NBA Discussion

I also feel that the Lakers win that series.

I think that whoever wins game 4 tonight in Orlando takes the series. I havent been this nervous about a basketball game in a long time. I just have a feeling that the Cavs will pull this one out. God Mo Williams irritates me, but Lebron is the most exciting player in a long time. I have always liked the Cavs, but Mo Williams has to be the cockiest ever after playing so bad. He will prob step up tonight though.

Unfortunately, I feel that the Lakers or Denver will beat whatever team comes out of the East. Lebron will be facing another superstar (LA or Den) and the rest of his team just can't compare with either team from the West.

Imagine these match ups if they play one another:

D West vs Kobe...This could get ugly real fast for the Cavs. Lebron will have to switch; thus eliminating each other.

Lebron vs Melo... that would be very entertaining as well.

Anyways, go Magic!

I think if the Cavs play Denver (which wont happen) the Cavs could beat them. The Lakers are going to take this series and the finals tho. After this round of the playoffs I think everyone is starting to realize the Cavs are just LeBron. A few other good players but I dont know if they are even a playoff team with out him. The Magic are playing with out Nelson who would be a huge help to them so thats kinda scary for next year to know they are this good with out him.

If the Lakers play the Cavs D. West wont ever guar Kobe. I went to a Cavs/Lakers game this year and LeBron had Kobe almost the entire game and Kobe won that match up. LeBron is an amazing player but when it comes down to who the best closer is the game is I think these playoffs have shown that Kobe is still the best in the game. LeBron will be there some day. I know LeBron hit that game winner but he really hasnt closed out anything important in his career yet. No doubt that he will get a few rings and a few more MVPs in his career for but now Kobe is still the man.

from wikianswers

Defensive 3-Second Rule - Any defensive player, who is positioned in the free throw lane or the area extending 4 feet past the lane's end line must be actively guarding an opponent within three seconds. Actively guarding means being within arms length of an offensive player and in a guarding position.

The defensive three-second count is suspended when: (1) a player is in the act of shooting, (2) there is a loss of team control, (3) the defender is actively guarding an opponent, (4) the defender completely clears the 16-foot lane or (5) it is imminent the defender will become legal.

Infraction of this rule results in a technical foul.

from wikianswers
Defensive 3-Second Rule - Any defensive player, who is positioned in the free throw lane or the area extending 4 feet past the lane's end line must be actively guarding an opponent within three seconds. Actively guarding means being within arms length of an offensive player and in a guarding position.

The defensive three-second count is suspended when: (1) a player is in the act of shooting, (2) there is a loss of team control, (3) the defender is actively guarding an opponent, (4) the defender completely clears the 16-foot lane or (5) it is imminent the defender will become legal.

Infraction of this rule results in a technical foul.

why thank you sir

I would love to see this. I am so sick of the Kobe/Lebron finals hype.

Yeah, fuck the two best players in the NBA going head-to-head. That would be total crap! ::)

I hate the Cavs and I have never liked the Lakers either. I don't care if they have the two best players in the NBA. I don't want either team to win it all. I think a Nuggets /Magic series would be just as good as Cavs/Lakers. I don't need star power to make a series intersting to me. (not that the Nuggets and Magic don't have thier own stars)

Insane game last nite. Its scary to think the Magic will only get better next year with Nelson coming back. These playoffs have been incredible for fans. Almost every series has been close so far. There were a few blow outs in the first round and Cleveland went 4-0 in the second but other than that everything has been pretty close.

Lakers have got to handle business tonite!

Insane game last nite. Its scary to think the Magic will only get better next year with Nelson coming back. These playoffs have been incredible for fans. Almost every series has been close so far. There were a few blow outs in the first round and Cleveland went 4-0 in the second but other than that everything has been pretty close.

Yeah, the Magic have got to resign Hedo and Gortat after this season. They have already hinted publicly that they most likely will not be able to afford either.

Unfortunately they will probably take a step back. It will be nice to have Nelson and Alston at the point though.

In regards to the Lakers, this is a big game for them, but probably more important to Denver. Gasol and Odom need to step up their game.

Yeah, the Magic have got to resign Hedo and Gortat after this season. They have already hinted publicly that they most likely will not be able to afford either.

Unfortunately they will probably take a step back. It will be nice to have Nelson and Alston at the point though.

In regards to the Lakers, this is a big game for them, but probably more important to Denver. Gasol and Odom need to step up their game.

Ahh didnt know Hedo was a free agent after this year. After the year he's had Id imagine he would get some great offers in the off season. Lakers should sign him!

If they dont get Hedo back they will still be good but not as good as they were this year.

Tonights LA/Denver game is a must win for both teams. If the Nuggets win then the series goes back to Denver where they could close it out. If the Lakers win then even if Denver wins back home in game 6 they still have to win a game 7 in LA, which wont happen. Lakers win tonite its over!

Oh and I hope Jones get an elbow in the face tonite. They should send Mbenga in just to knock that little bitch out.

Yeah, Hedo can opt out. He said he was leaning towards it. Hopefully our playoff performance might convince him to stay, but he said that he wanted to resign before the players Union re-does their deal.

My Laker buddy is real pissed about Jones as well. One more flagrant and he is done though.

I hope the NBA will rescind Dwight's technical from last night. My worst fear is that he gets that 7th tech in Cleveland and then gets suspended for game 6. That might lead to a Cav comeback.

I really wonder why Jackson doesn't use Mbenga as an enforcer, maybe he's just "not that kind of guy." But man, I think the art of the hard foul has been lost.

Playing hard, tough basketball now gets you a flagrant. Its ridiculous how many stupid flagrant and technicals have been called just in the playoffs this year. The league REALLY needs to do something about it in the offseason. The 7 technicals and you're suspended for a game rule is insane. It makes no sense.

Yeah, Hedo can opt out. He said he was leaning towards it. Hopefully our playoff performance might convince him to stay, but he said that he wanted to resign before the players Union re-does their deal.

My Laker buddy is real pissed about Jones as well. One more flagrant and he is done though.

I hope the NBA will rescind Dwight's technical from last night. My worst fear is that he gets that 7th tech in Cleveland and then gets suspended for game 6. That might lead to a Cav comeback.

Yea its stupid that a player could end up missing a VERY VERY important game cause of some stupid BS about arguing a foul from the first round or something. I hope they take away that tech on Dwight too and this is coming from someone who is a fan of the team they might play in the Finals.