NBA Discussion

[my consolation thoughts as a laker fan after game one against okc]

1) good thing okc can't carry over any of those 29 points to game 2

2) all we need to do is split these first two games. all we need to do is split these first two games. all we need to do is split these first two games. (if I type it three times, it makes it true, right?)

3) at least we played a good first quarter

4) despite him starting during mwp's absence, I still don't know who devin ebanks is or why he flipped out with ~3 minutes left in the game

Agreed and GUARD WESTBROOK!!!

what an absolutely bullshit call on garnett at the end of the celtics game. yeah- i know it was a foul, but you cant call that. not in the playoffs, not on the last possession of the game.

thats really all i can say about the celtics, because i really didnt get to see any of it.

didnt catch much of the okc game either, but i dont suppose i needed to. hey at least one of my teams won tonight! #BRINGTHETHUNDER

Lakers and Clippers will both get bounced this round. If the Lakers cant win it all I hope the Thunder do. I hope they beat the hell out of the Heat in the Finals.

what an absolutely bullshit call on garnett at the end of the celtics game. yeah- i know it was a foul, but you cant call that. not in the playoffs, not on the last possession of the game.

thats really all i can say about the celtics, because i really didnt get to see any of it.

didnt catch much of the okc game either, but i dont suppose i needed to. hey at least one of my teams won tonight! #BRINGTHETHUNDER

Shaq and Barkley and everyone on TNT were saying it wasnt a foul in that situation but it was 110% a foul and you have to call that. The only reason Pierce was so open on that play once he got the ball is cause Garnett set an extremely illegal pick. If Garnett doesnt make that illegal pick then Pierce doesnt even get open in the first place. The ref absolutely made the corret call. I get that you have to let some things slide at the end of a game like that but when one player does something illegal and it causes a teammate to be wide open for a shot then that needs to be called.

i love the celtics and thunder winning while the heat and lakers crumble. this is really the perfect post-season at the moment.

i choked on my gum when i saw the celtics score 12-0 to start tonight game... lets just hope they can hold on to this lead and maintain momentum. im worried about fouls though. sixers keep missing heir free-throws, but foul trouble may be an issue later/

i knew this was coming. celtics were sloppy the entire game... the only reason they ever had the lead they did was because philly shot 20% in the first half.

the officiating was terrible until the last 5 minutes of the game. they swallowed their whistles, which was nice, but call the whole damn game like that.

question: how was lebron mvp over kevin durant?

#1 reason i want okc to win this year. durant gets no respect. kobe bron kobe bron kobe bron wade kobe is all you ever hear.

but really...

harden, perkins, ibaka, westbrook, kevin fucking durant. LET'S GO.

How does Kobe only have 1 MVP? Its insane.

Even Steve Nash has 2.

Kobe could easily have like 4-5 MVPs at this point and it would be really hard to argue against that. He was the best player in the NBA for about a decade and he's the second greatest player of all time next to Jordan. It blows my mind that he has 1 MVP.

Also Durant should have gotten MVP this year

How does Kobe only have 1 MVP? Its insane.

Even Steve Nash has 2.

Kobe could easily have like 4-5 MVPs at this point and it would be really hard to argue against that. He was the best player in the NBA for about a decade and he's the second greatest player of all time next to Jordan. It blows my mind that he has 1 MVP.

Also Durant should have gotten MVP this year

This is all true