How long did you wait to vote?

hickey

I waited 45 minutes, which is longer than I ever had to wait at my polling place. Even in the primary it was 5 minutes tops.

Also, I understand that voting takes time out of your morning routine, but people were being incredibly rude to the women who were working -- yelling at them to hurry up. These are volunteers in their 80s and 90s there is no reason to be rude and disrespectful to them. They were doing the best they could.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to wait about 45 minutes; I showed up 15 minutes before the polling place opened. The vote counting machine (we have paper ballots here) broke at 7:30am - 30 minutes after voting began. This slowed things down and the votes had to be placed in an auxiliary lock box.

Our voting system is so antiquated.

zero minutes. absentee is the way to do it, its how i voted in this election and the last presidential election. but local news channels are reporting long waits and some hiccups with the voting booths here.

Absentee ballots are cool, but I think voting in person makes it feel like I'm more of a part of the process. Also, I believe in Mass. you have to provide proof that you won't be able to go to the polls on election day to get an absentee ballot.

It took 45 minutes because I was in the pre-work rush (despite not having to be at work). By the time I got to the front of the line, the line was probably only about 15 minutes.

It took a long ass time for everyone to fill out their ballots here in Chicago because there were 150+ judges up for review. That's a lot of shit to fill out.

I went in, went to the district 52 table when I was supposed to go to 53, so I walked 8 feet to my right,waited 20 seconds for a lady in front of me, told them my name, signed, asked the dude to clarify how the machine worked since I've only voted absentee before today, then I went in and voted. I was in and out in 2 minutes.