leaving everything

i'm pretty sure in the next few weeks i'm just dropping everything.

i can't do school. it's making me so fucking unhappy to the point where staying will almost certainly lead me to do bad shit to myself and other people.

the plan right now is to go to ithaca, ny from boston, and live in this kids apartment for a week or so, then get a free ride down to philly from the kid i'm going with's friend. from there, we're going to find a ride to morristown, nj where we can squat fairly easily supposedly. from there, just travel. i don't mind being fucking broke. i don't mind not eating for days. i'll be way more happy like that, cutting my ties with everything. at some point when my friend and I feel like we've found the right place, i'll get a shitty part time job to afford some cheap ass rent and some food.

i think it's necessary for my mental health.

convince me to go / not to go plz.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine squatting being a fun thing, I think its a bit romanticized to be honest. Why not drop school, get a shitty part time job you can quit easily, get rid of a rental obligation (i.e. move-in with friends/family), and bum around the country for a few weeks at a time. Something where you're not tied to squatting and you don't have to go without food AND you don't have to settle for a certain place if you don't like it just because you need to eat.

Be sure to twitter about your voyage. And pick me up something in New Jersey.

like a STD perhaps? (damnit, flicker beat me too it) or snow globe?

Seirously adam, if you can figure out how to do so, it's best to quit school, get a part time job somewhere and work a bit while sleeping on someone's couch.. then you can quit after a month and travel for a bit... then do the same thing again. My buddy did that for 3 months at a time and he went cross country within a year or so... While it's not the safest thing to do, you do have alot of memories (and photos) from your your journeys...

dude im going to say, this isnt the smartest thing ever.

first, quit school...if you decided in a couple years you want to go back you can.

second, dont go squatting, go live on a friends couch or with your parents...get a crappy retail job, and then in a few months for travel.

you'll be happier with this plan and dont sell your records so if you decide this isnt for you, you can just pick up your life where you left it

gonna have to go with andrew. i felt this way my first semester of school too. while dropping out, squatting, doing whatever would be an experience, it's also the easy way out. this time last year i felt the exact same way, and i ended up moving home, living with my parents and taking classes at a local college. thats probably your best option.

i live about fifteen minutes from morristown. doesn't seem like it would be the best place to squat.