raaaaage?!??

So I went on a vacation for 2 weeks, and my neighbors were supposed to get the mail for us while we were gone. I had 8 packages of vinyl coming in the mail (I got a little carried away). In our mailbox, if you get a package thats too big for the box they put a key in your box to open the big box at the bottom. So I get home, see that there are no records, but a key. They didn't know what the key was for (even though they use the EXACT SAME MAILBOX, and the key has a keychain on it with instructions on what the key is for). The box was full, there were 8 boxes (25 records!!) in it. My records had to suffer the cold of Toronto for 2 weeks!! so angry at them. haha. But there was an amazing surprise!! I ordered a black ETID box set and got a coloured one. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Cold doesn't hurt vinyl does it? I've listened to 3 or 4 records so far and they all sound fantastic.

Assuming you let them warm up before playing them, they should be fine.

Where did you get an ETID box set on color?!?

Yup, they're all at room temperature now.

I ordered it from vinylcollective.com, but I ordered it when pre-orders for The Big Dirty went up, so I ordered it months ago and it just recently shipped.

I went away for a weekend, and there was a blizzard while I was gone, and my postman put the package on the front of my porch. they were all soaked when I got home. man was I pissed. at least yours were protected!

:| holy shit thats so terrible!! I feel so bad for you. What a bitch, I hate when they leave stuff at your door. Anyone could just take it, or it could get ruined or something.

Did anyone else think this thread was going to be about Rage Against The Machine?

Also, I have had no issues whatsoever with my mailperson concerning vinyl. She is really nice and always asks me questions about records, meaning she knows that they're fragile and always treats them with the care they require.

The worst is when you're home waiting for a big package and they don't even ring the bell before leaving the paper slip that tells you to pick it up at the post office the next day

I WAS HOME FUCKERS, WHY DIDN'T YOU RING THE BELL?

i live in an apartment building and this happens to me every goddamn time, except for one of the mail carriers; he always comes on up and says "got another one for you, mr book." friendly chap.

the folks at the local postal outlet where you have to pick up the packages (the back of a drug store) all know me by name too. my woman is totally embarrassed by it. she refuses to go in the store with me if i'm picking up records, even if she needs something. she'll wait until i'm out.

Here in Buffalo, my packages get stuck inside my door and I don't mind, as long as whoever enters sees it down there and doesn't step on the box. In Syracuse, I'm lucky if they ring my doorbell before just throwing it on the ground. I found my copy of Thursday's Full Collapse soaked during a rainstorm, and every piece of paper and cardboard that came is all fucked up. I was pretty pissed off.

Yeah, down here in florida where it rains for at least a little bit every day during the summer gets me worried when things get left on my porch. However i spoke to my mail guy recently and he said if it looked like rain he would wrap everything in a plastic bag and make sure its under the overhang of my front porch. Super nice guy, and i think he is banging one of my neighbors. I see is van stopped in front of this ladies house at least a few times a week.

The post office here isn't too awful. The only time I had a package left in the rain was Fedex and they threw it on to our back patio and didn't leave a not. Not sure when they left it there, but by the time we found it, it had rained.

The only real issue I have is when I order the Chuck Ragan 7" from Rat Patrol. The mail carrier in my apartment didn't use the package box but instead wedged it in sideways so I couldn't pull it out. I literally had to get both hands into the box and open it inside the mailbox and remove the packaging to get it out. He's damn lucky it wasn't damaged.

my old mail person shoved a 7'' in the box totally cockeyed and it was jammed in there real nice so luckily i got it out without damaging it, i think this person was a crackhead, anyway the mail lady i have now is golden. she calls my house and lets me know when any vinyl arrives and holds onto it for me, no rage anymore