DF Digital Download Service - Cheapest ANYWHERE.

I made a post in that one other thread, but thought it might get more attention with a new topic. Mods feel free to move this if it shouldn't be here, but I figured it'd be useful since more 'label people' check this part.

[image]

I know there are quite a few places that offer this service already, but IMO they're all quite overpriced and have heard from some labels that they are frustrated with what's out there. So I started this.

Prices are as follows:

$10 for a 7"

$15 for an LP

I can support any kind of file, and can support multiple formats if you want to give your users the option (flac, mp3, whatever)... and can do stuff like including high res artwork or video files (stuff that could actually just be included in a zip file with the music anyway.. but yeah). And I can do as many download codes as you want - 100,500,1000 - hell, even 10,000. You can specify whether you want each code to be just a 1 time thing, x times, or unlimited.

Then when it comes to redeeming the codes, I can send you a spreadsheet with all of the codes and you can handle stuff yourself, or if you provide me with an image with a placeholder for a code, I can generate x number of codes for you and send a nice PDF file for you to print off at no extra charge. And I'd be willing to work out other stuff as well.

Try out a demo of the service here: http://www.deadformat.net/d2/ - enter in "1234567" as a code, and whatever you want for an email address.

If you're interested, feel free to send me a pm or email [email protected].

I really don't understand the reason for download codes. Why not just put up a general link so whomever wants to download it can since someone will just post a link to download it anyway. You might as well just save the money. Also most people who are into vinyl will buy the album for the total artistic+musical experience. It's not like you're releasing a Ashley Simpson album where people just want 1 or 2 songs off of it.

I really don't understand the reason for download codes. Why not just put up a general link so whomever wants to download it can since someone will just post a link to download it anyway. You might as well just save the money. Also most people who are into vinyl will buy the album for the total artistic+musical experience. It's not like you're releasing a Ashley Simpson album where people just want 1 or 2 songs off of it.

Yeah, this is one of the reasons why I'm offering it so cheap. There are other places out there who are charging upwards of $100 for what I offer for $15.

A lot of people don't want to mess with piracy, and giving away all your music is overall not a practical business model for a label, Quote Unquote Records notwithstanding.

This looks like an awesome service, I like the way it's set up, and if I were to ever consider releasing something, I'd definitely consider using this.

I'm not sure why its hard to understand people want their albums on their iPods.

Pretty easy service to use.

Two questions:

Would a normal hosted release include album art? Or just the art that displays when you have the download page open?

Would most releases include a playlist file (eg. m3u file)? Its easy enough for me to create one afterwards, but thought I'd ask.

Yeah, this is one of the reasons why I'm offering it so cheap. There are other places out there who are charging upwards of $100 for what I offer for $15.

Hooker quote of the year!