are you ready for a crazy story?

so there is this girl i used to work with. she had a boyfriend at the time and they had been dating like 4 years. last week, she broke up with him.

a couple days ago him and his friend are cleaning out their guns to go to the gun range the next day. her bf looks at the kid and asks "how would you kill yourself with a gun if you did?" and the kid says "i guess under your chin." well, her bf looks at him and goes "like this?" and shoots himself right under his chin.

the bullet went out his eye socket and thru parts of his brain. he blew off his tongue, all of his eye, and essentially the whole left side of his face.

somehow, he is still alive on life support.

Yeah, under the chin leaves considerable room for error,

That being said, it really sucks this guy did this. It's a shame his girl dumped him, but an impromptu suicide attempt isn't the best way to get one's life back on track. Gotta wonder what shape he'll be in should he survive...

Yeah, under the chin leaves considerable room for error,

That being said, it really sucks this guy did this. It's a shame his girl dumped him, but an impromptu suicide attempt isn't the best way to get one's life back on track. Gotta wonder what shape he'll be in should he survive...

Srsly. Now he's leaving his family with an insane medical bill on top of heartbreak.

My mom was an ER nurse for ... I dunno... 30 years or so. About 10 years ago there was a 19ish year old kid that tried suicide-by-gun from the side, a la barrel up to the temple. He was too far forward, shot through both optic nerves, severing them perfectly, and out the other side with minimal damage (other than the nerves). Kid is perfectly fine except for the whole... lack of site thing.