you havent see THAT movie?!

so last night my boyfriend and i rented 'burn after reading' to watch and they had a preview for 'the big lebowski' in the beginning and i commented on how good it was. the bf then informed me that he had never seen it. i didnt understand how he could have gone through life without seeing this movie, lol

i think i incorrectly assume that everyone has seen movies that i label (again, incorrectly) as classics. i also introduced him to 'donnie darko', and all the wes anderson movies, AND more importantly....'the princess bride'. all must sees, especially the last one.

what movies (if any) has this happened to any of you guys with?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FUCK FUCK FUCK The Princess Bride. I think it is the corniest, most ridiculous, low-budget, mid-afternoon "hey lets throw a movie on because we don't have anything else to air" cable station movie I've ever seen.

I don't understand how people love it so much. Especially guys.

Guest kingbuzzo
Can't think of any that I would consider classics. I've never seen "Kids" and likewise I got chewed out by some whore for never seeing "Gumo" which I guess is by the dude who made "kids". But I've seen most movies.

Also, everyone should see "Double Impact"

"Gumo" wasn't made by Larry Clark. "Kids" was written by Harmony Korine, director and write of "Gummo," but Larry Clark directed it and kinda ruined his script.

Space Balls

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (and the Bogus One too!)

And Mean Girls

i want to hate mean girls because it has lindsay lohan in it...but its just so funny i cant resist loving it.

I want to hate it also, but IMO it was cast perfectly, and Tina Fey did a great fucking job with the script. It is one of the better representations of how high school is sometimes.