you havent see THAT movie?!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't think of any that I would consider classics. I've never seen "Kids" and likewise I got chewed out by some whore for never seeing "Gumo" which I guess is by the dude who made "kids". But I've seen most movies.

Also, everyone should see "Double Impact"

"Gumo" wasn't made by Larry Clark. "Kids" was written by Harmony Korine, director and write of "Gummo," but Larry Clark directed it and kinda ruined his script.

Really, there was a script to "Gummo"? You could have fooled me. That was one of the biggest wastes of time ever.

FUCK FUCK FUCK The Princess Bride. I think it is the corniest, most ridiculous, low-budget, mid-afternoon "hey lets throw a movie on because we don't have anything else to air" cable station movie I've ever seen.

I don't understand how people love it so much. Especially guys.

Because it is hilarious and awesome?

this movie is so great.

"McKinley needs to experience "The Ultimate"!"

"You mean, penis-in-vagina?"

"No, dickhead - sex."

haha soooo many good quotes from that movie.

the scene where gene gives his speech and subsequently humps the fridge is one of the most epic scenes ever.

You can't hate "Mean Girls" because Tina Fey wrote it and she kicks ass.

As for "Princess Bride" I loved it growing up and love it on a whole new level as an adult. I love that Andre the Giant is in it, I love the corny dialogue and the sword fights and all the characters are gold. It's such a genuinely fun move that it's hard not to love, though the main girl looks a little cracked out.

As for "Princess Bride" I loved it growing up and love it on a whole new level as an adult. I love that Andre the Giant is in it, I love the corny dialogue and the sword fights and all the characters are gold. It's such a genuinely fun move that it's hard not to love, though the main girl looks a little cracked out.

Is this in reference to my post? I said Tina Fey did a great job with Mean Girls.

FUCK FUCK FUCK The Princess Bride. I think it is the corniest, most ridiculous, low-budget, mid-afternoon "hey lets throw a movie on because we don't have anything else to air" cable station movie I've ever seen.

It's got a bad ass romance, the kind where the dude totally fucks with the girl's mind because he doesn't like who she's become even though he still loves her.

Its got fucking amazing sword fights.

It's funny as hell. The test of wits alone still cracks me up just thinking about. Only people who take themselves way too seriously can't see the charm in that flick.

Is this in reference to my post? I said Tina Fey did a great job with Mean Girls.

Nope, that was in reference to this. I hate using multiple quotes is all.

i want to hate mean girls because it has lindsay lohan in it...but its just so funny i cant resist loving it.

I don't see how anyone could have a distaste for this movie. this movie is a all time classic. With over 4 different releases to date. What i really liked about this film is it's it' unknown cast at the time. You weren't distracted by the presence of the big star. Also the scenes were shot along real settings as well as purposely set phoney-balogna soundstages which added to the beauty and cheese of it all. It was suppose to be cheesy and fun. That was the purpose of it. Thus keeping the audience on it's toes. The whole dialogue during the sword fight on the top of the hills of insanity alone is worth owning. Overall just entertaining and fun. and tons of classic one liners like:

"Hello, my name is Inigo montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die"

And it was directed by MEATHEAD...

Just to clarify, these were movies that people I've come across my age haven't seen. I've obviously seen them.

To clarify, I meant that to deem these films as in any way relevant is a terrible failure of judgment and an affront to good taste and talented filmmaking.

I never said they would go down in the history books as classic movies, but they are movies that you HAVE to have seen at some point if you are between 18 and 30.