you havent see THAT movie?!

How come nobody WTF'd about that person who said they never saw Star Wars? How the hell does that even happen?

You'd be surprised. I dated a girl who confessed to me she had never seen Star Wars...no real reason...needless to say I made her watch them...well, not forced her but watched the original trilogy. She said she liked them...I think she was full of shit b/c she was more into the damn Lord of the Rings trilogy instead...now she was a hardcore fan of those...much to my dismay. Don't get me wrong...I liked those movies...for the first few times...but not for the millionth time as she had a tendency to watch ALL THE FUCKIN' TIME!

She'd always get pissed whenever I quoted Clerks 2 and Randall's tirade about the movies:

Randal Graves: All right, look, there's only one "Return," okay, and it ain't "of the King," it's "of the Jedi."

Hobbit Lover: Oh, Star Wars geek.

Randal Graves: Oh, I'm the geek? Look at you two whipping out your preciouses.

Elias: You'll have to excuse him, he's not "down" with the trilogy.

Randal Graves: Oh, what the fuck happened to this world? There's only one trilogy, you fucking morons.

Hobbit Lover: You know what, maybe we should start calling your friend Padme, because he loves Manakin Skywalker so much, right?

[in robot voice]

Hobbit Lover: Danger danger, my name is Anakin. My shitty acting is ruining saga.

Elias: [chucking] Yea-Yeah, you're crazy, Jar-Jar.

Randal Graves: Oh, I'm crazy? Those fuckin' hobbit movies were boring as hell. All it was, was a bunch of people walking, three movies of people walking to a fucking volcano.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come nobody WTF'd about that person who said they never saw Star Wars? How the hell does that even happen?

I actually hadn't seen "Empire Strikes Back" as a kid (probably saw it when I was 13). I didn't really get how it went from the Original to "Return of the Jedi" but I didn't question it. Some nerd girl called me out when I mentioned that in college. She went on and on about "How could you not have seen all three original films, they're classic! Everyone's seen all three originals"

I replied, "I had friends as a kid" and walked off.

To clarify, I meant that to deem these films as in any way relevant is a terrible failure of judgment and an affront to good taste and talented filmmaking.

I never said they would go down in the history books as classic movies, but they are movies that you HAVE to have seen at some point if you are between 18 and 30.

I gotcha. Sorry, my post came off more dickheadedly than I intended.

I actually hadn't seen "Empire Strikes Back" as a kid (probably saw it when I was 13). I didn't really get how it went from the Original to "Return of the Jedi" but I didn't question it. Some nerd girl called me out when I mentioned that in college. She went on and on about "How could you not have seen all three original films, they're classic! Everyone's seen all three originals"

I replied, "I had friends as a kid" and walked off.

yea, and your friends probably all saw it too.

i seriously don't see how anyone should really give someone a hardtime for not seeing the original trilogy.. now ENEMY MINE... if you haven't seen that, then you should be kicked in the nads.

People tell me I need to see Pulp Fiction and Bill and Ted.

I think that everyone should watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show at least once, just for the experience! You don't have to like it, I didn't really care for it, but it's the experience that counts!

And the Good the Bad and the Ugly is my favorite movie ever! It's so incredible! And along the lines of this topic, I haven't seen Hang 'Em High or A Fistful of Dollars