Insane records you got for Christmas

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, I've received the Regulator Watts EP from my secret santa, which is so awesome.

Last Sunday, I went to the rock and roll garage sale and picked up the Hoover ep and Kerosene 454's 'Came By to Kill Me' on vinyl, both of which I've been trying to get for a while now.

After I got that Hoover record, this guy comes up to me and asks where I got it. I tell him he should get one, since it's one of the best albums ever. He said 'I was the drummer in that band, and I've been trying to get copies of that record for friends but it's out of print.' So yeah, Chris from Hoover. Pretty damn cool.

damn.. i meant to come down for this. shiiiiiiiiiiit. did you tell Chris you wanted to repress it? didn't Hoover just play some shows in the uk? did he talk of any possible US dates?

damn.. i meant to come down for this. shiiiiiiiiiiit. did you tell Chris you wanted to repress it? didn't Hoover just play some shows in the uk? did he talk of any possible US dates?

I brought up the recent Hoover shows with Chris, and he said that those were only for the respective fests and weren't part of any larger plans for the band. He mentioned that he had a new band called Played Tomorrow. I think it's funk.

I also spoke with Alec from Dischord (who sold me those records), and asked him about repressing the good Slowdime stuff. He didn't say that they had plans to do so, but sounded like it was under consideration. I know that Dischord has been issuing a lot of remasters from their own back catalog, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the better Slowdime titles get the proper repress treatment.

Next time they do that punk rock garage sale, we definitely have to hang out.

I hate that. Why get someone something else, even though they specifically asked for something? That's just silly.
My parents have this very mentality. They buy stuff that I "need" instead of what I ask for. I learned a long time ago to stop asking for what I really want because all I get is ridicule when I do. I'm a 24 year old that wants video games and records. So what?

I won't likely be getting any records this year. My girlfriend asked me for a list of what I wanted but then purposefully got me something different so as not to be "obvious." It was a long list. Mostly all-inclusive too. So I'm getting dick for Christmas. Unless she was lying to me to throw me off.

while my wife and i were shopping we stopped in hot topic and i got thurday/envy split and she was going to wrap for me. well i came home from work today and the package was extra heavy.

i hope its the lawrence arms that i got in there....if not i dont know what other record she couldve gotten me.