Dudes in Seattle!!

i havent been to seattle since like middle school (maybe elementary?) but my dad and i ate at a restaurant near pikes market, and it was the only time ive ever enjoyed salmon. it was so delicious, cooked on a cedar plank or something. im sorry, i cant remember any details. but im sure you wont have a hard time finding good restaurants. have fun!

also, your avatar freaks me out.

dear roadmonkey,

i opened this thread and didn't even read your post. your avatar is fucking hilarious. i remember seeing it some time ago and laughing for like fifteen minutes straight, just watching it over and over again.

Thanks! I try to find insane pics for my avatars, mainly because I feel that if I write anything that sucks, people can always ignore what I said and just laugh at the avatar.

Pretty much any nice place downtown will have great seafood. The Icon Grill is really tasty. Best meat loaf I've ever had. They wrap it in bacon and put a molassas sauce on it.

Dear God that sounds decadent. Unfortunately, I may not be able to sample such a food from the gods, mainly because the lady friend is a vegetarian, which usually mean's I'm kinda boned if they don't have anything more than a salad, pasta, veggie burger option. I will keep it in mind if I go with other friends at a later point in time though.

you should go mid-week, right before V-Day weekend...and watch the Murder City Devils reunion shows...

If I could take a couple extra days off I would totally do this. Work sucks that way.

there's some Brewery/Pub up Pikes Street towards Capitol Hill if I remember correctly...the food was pretty good there, but their Terminator Stout was killer...worth at least checking out the Terminator. The bartenders said that their IPAs were pretty good, but I don't dig IPAs so I stuck to the stout

there's some Brewery/Pub up Pikes Street towards Capitol Hill if I remember correctly...the food was pretty good there, but their Terminator Stout was killer...worth at least checking out the Terminator. The bartenders said that their IPAs were pretty good, but I don't dig IPAs so I stuck to the stout

It's called McMenamins. They have one in Queen Anne as well. Good Pale Ale's.

http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=36&category=Location%20Homepage

i have had many long nights at the Six Arms (McMenamins) on Capitol Hill. Good thing my apt is about 5 mins away on foot.

they have these cajunized tater tots which are to die for and agree about the beers, i have not been disappointed there.....

the only down side is that, for some reason, it always smells like a wet dog inside - but you get used to it.

i have had many long nights at the Six Arms (McMenamins) on Capitol Hill. Good thing my apt is about 5 mins away on foot.

they have these cajunized tater tots which are to die for and agree about the beers, i have not been disappointed there.....

the only down side is that, for some reason, it always smells like a wet dog inside - but you get used to it.

Cajun tots are the best. If you go there, ask for the Rubinator. Terminator Stout plus their Ruby. Delicious.

Cajun tots are the best. If you go there, ask for the Rubinator. Terminator Stout plus their Ruby. Delicious.

is that like a black and tan except a red ale instead of a lager?

That bar looks pretty good, and it's pretty close to our hotel.. I Think we'll definitely be hitting it up.

Also is the Hurricane Cafe as good as it appears to be hyped up to be? 12 egg omelets seem intriguing

Record Stores:

Easy Street

Everyday Music (on Broadway)

Singles Going Steady

Jive Time

Zions Gate

If you're in to book stores the "Half Price Books" in Capitol Hill is really good.

FOOD

Top Pot Donuts (on 6th Ave downtown i believe)

Hurricane (good diner)

tons of good seafood

I'm actually drawing a blank on the places i eat when i'm in Seattle.

oh I gotta say that Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown is my favorite mexican place in town. It's actually cooked my mexicans and it's pretty cheap as well.

I second mamas, great food! Walk a few doors down and check out shortys if you're into pinball at all, basically the best place in seattle to get your tilt on.

Should probably revive this thread a couple weeks prior to you coming up for a better idea of whats going on. Hopefully no more flooding or avalanches like we've had for the past couple of weeks, jesus