Two Tongues - S/T to be released as pic disc /1000

From the inbox:

January 8, 2009 - TWO TONGUES, the new band featuring Max Bemis and Coby Linder of SAY ANYTHING along with Chris Conley and David Soloway of SAVES THE DAY, have posted “If I Could Make You Do Things” on Pure Volume: http://www.purevolume.com/. The track is from their self-titled debut that is due out February 3 on Vagrant. The thirteen-track self-produced disc was recorded late last year at Electric Ladybug studios in Northern California.

iTunes will be offering fans two exclusive, acoustic bonus tracks with the purchase of the album. Max Bemis does a solo acoustic cover of “Third Engine” (from Saves the Day’s 1999 sophomore album, Through Being Cool), and Chris Conley covers Say Anything’s “Every Man Has a Molly” (from their 2004 …Is a Real Boy release).

Lastly, a limited run of 12” picture disc vinyl - just 1000 pieces – is in the works. Details will be announced shortly.

Why is it ok to rip off kids who don't listen to The Gaslight Anthem?

Why is Gaslight the default band for comments like this?

Because the same people who think it's cool to rip off people who want to own one record from a band they like also think it's cool to buy 18 copies of the same record from the same hype band.

Guest kevinb

i bet you it's being handled by merchnow, they seem to love pic discs, i dont know why but pic discs are kind of starting to grow

on me, as long as there isnt a massive increase like there is with

splatter vinyl, and it must come with a cover no plastic bullshit.

Because the same people who think it's cool to rip off people who want to own one record from a band they like also think it's cool to buy 18 copies of the same record from the same hype band.

Also, I've stated numerous times that I'm not the "hunt down and burn the flippers" type. It's always been a bit of a bummer but it's the nature of any item with demand. It's also a main reason why I'm narrowing bands I collect.

So don't act all high and mighty for not liking Gaslight Anthem and then get your panties in a bunch over Saves Anything over here. I'm sure this band isn't hyped at all and has no fanboys.

Still has nothing at all to do with Gaslight. I couldnt care less if people wanna buy records to flip. Ill buy this Two Tongues and if I dont like it Ill flip it. I collect Gaslight and have never sold one record in my life.