The top 10 vinyl sellers of 2008 [graph]

that has all sorts of surprising written all over it. fleet foxes sold 10,000 copies on vinyl? good for them! neutral milk hotel selling 10,000 copies in 2008? must've been a repress, but good for them! B52's: WTF?

That NMH album has never gone out of print. It has constantly been a top seller at insound for years. 20 years from now it will be all over the dollar bin. But yeah good for them, awesome album too, there is a reason it sells.

sweet lil chart, thanks dude.

Right, I wasnt posting it as new news. Just the fact that the guy who is head of AP.net called them vinyl

he also buys them and hangs them on his wall. go figure.

but the majority of the sales from this chart could have been sold to distros, meaning a good chunk of the albums represented on that chart are sitting in a warehouse or on a shelf in a record store.

Thats what I was thinking. Especially with the GnR LPs. I would think that 70% of them are still sitting in best buys throughout the country

but the majority of the sales from this chart could have been sold to distros, meaning a good chunk of the albums represented on that chart are sitting in a warehouse or on a shelf in a record store.

Thats what I was thinking. Especially with the GnR LPs. I would think that 70% of them are still sitting in best buys throughout the country

That's incorrect; this graph was based off Nielsen SoundScan numbers, which are based on POP sales (aka point-of-purchase, aka retail), not wholesale shipments.