There are some lucky-ass people in Atlanta

I don't know what the fuck the "Scion Rock Fest" is, but it's coming to your city at the Masquerade on Feb. 28 with this lineup:

Mastodon

Neurosis

High on Fire

Boris

Cryptopsy

Torche

Nachtmystium

Wolves in the Throne Room

Baroness

Harvey Milk

Kylesa

Zoroaster

Withered

Krallice

Toxic Holocaust

Skeletonwitch

Rwake

A Storm of Light

Warbringer

Salome

Suidakra

Tyr

Alestorm

• 2 weeks later...

Alestorm bio. Read it with the Fresh Prince theme in mind

Now, this is a story all about how our lives got flipped turned upside down. And I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there, I'll tell you how we became the kings of True Scottish Pirate Metal.

In the east coast of Scotland, born and raised, on the playground was where we spend most of our days. Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool, and all slaying some poseurs outside of the school. When a couple of guys who were up to no good, started shredding solos in our neighbourhood. We got in one little band and some Austrians got scared, they said "holy shit you're awesome here's a record deal".

We whistled for a cab, and when it came near, the license plate said 'YARRGH' and it had cannons in the mirror. If anything, we can say this cab was rare, but we thought "Nah, forget it" - "Yo homes to Wacken!"

We pulled up to the stage about 7 or 8, and we yelled to the cabbie "Yo homes, smell ya later". We looked at our kingdom, we were finally there, to sit on our thrones as the kings of True Scottish Pirate Metal.

Guest kingbuzzo

The website says the show is free with a ticket. I'm just wondering how to get a ticket because I'd drive to Atlanta for this. There's only like 2 or 3 bands I wouldn't want to see.

ok, here is what i have heard. in the past scion did online rsvps that you have to have but do not necessarily mean that you are getting in. when capacity is reached people are turned away. i havent' seen anything about that for this show. what i have read on other boards is that local record stores are giving out the tickets with purchase of a cd of one of the bands playing but tickets still do not mean entry. i am actively trying to find out the truth as i will be heading down from nc. i have a friend in atl that is investigating and i should know something soon. i really wanna go. and hey if you go down and don't get in you can still hang at the clermont and go see the king tut exhibit .