HOT TOPIC DEALS AND SALES THREAD

ha, yeah right.

just stuff i have picked up along the way while browsing Hot Topic stores.

as a side note, I understand how people can say that it is "embarrassing" to be in a hot topic. I try to get out as quickly as possible but I just fucking hate being in there. I'm 26 years old, a former local promoter, and just too pretentious for that store.

I don't understand why people are embarrassed about going into Hot Topic. Are you really that insecure about yourself that you care about where people think you shop? That is quite shallow. I mean, you're already at the mall to begin with, so if you're some "xSuperxPUNXXxxoioioi" or "ultra-mega-grandpa-hipster" then maybe there's reason to judge enough.

I've got bigger things in life to worry about than where some 16 year old kids see me going to try and find a solid deal on some vinyl.

I just don't like having to push through parachute pants, Nightmare Before Christmas t-shirts, black/white striped fingerless gloves, and Proactive spokesmodels to get to the limited amount of vinyl they do have.

It just seems like the store is aimed at someone 10 years younger than I am and that Chris Hanson is lurking in the back somewhere near the bondage pants.

I just don't like having to push through parachute pants, Nightmare Before Christmas t-shirts, black/white striped fingerless gloves, and Proactive spokesmodels to get to the limited amount of vinyl they do have.

It just seems like the store is aimed at someone 10 years younger than I am and that Chris Hanson is lurking in the back somewhere near the bondage pants.

So fucking true. I get in, get out. They don't have a huge selection, and luckily it's pretty close to the entrance. But sometimes they actually have normal people working there, some cuties too. But even so, I get the fuck out.

These are my feelings as well. I don't want to be associated with that crowd. Maybe that is shallow.

My own personal hatred for a store that has bastardized and cashed in on "underground" music is another reason why I am embarrassed to be in hot topic. Even if they do have a couple decent records.

i think people are making a bigger deal out of the store then necessary. the only reason i go in there is for the records, i personally dont give a shit who sees me in there. why should you have to justify going into the store? we are all adults here, dont make it into something like "oh my god im in hot topic and i wonder what people will think of me in this store" no one cares.

There's a HT near my house as well as near my parents. Only ~45 minutes away from each other. I've never noticed any Vinyl in there though - but I of course hardly ever go in there - just when my nephew needs new crazy bondage pants and a shirt that says "Practice Safe Sex - Go Fuck yourself"

I mean seriously. Have some class people.

But yeah, I'll have to take a sneak'peak'a'roo next time I'm at the mall (aka, force myself to go) and see what, if any, deals I can skizzle'ore

I probably drop in there once a month to see what they have. I noticed they had the mfatgg cash records, so I called them when the next one dropped and they were like, huh, 7"? Bunch of dumb asses there, so I just drop in when I get the chance to see what they have. There is an arcade with a couple of pinball machines at the mall, so two birds with one stone for sure.

I probably drop in there once a month to see what they have. I noticed they had the mfatgg cash records, so I called them when the next one dropped and they were like, huh, 7"? Bunch of dumb asses there, so I just drop in when I get the chance to see what they have. There is an arcade with a couple of pinball machines at the mall, so two birds with one stone for sure.

7"s? you know, like tiny records

Every now and then I go into the Hot Topic by me for clearance vinyl, I don't think they do that by me anymore. The only good deals I've gotten was from another mall. For like $10 total I got

Dynamite Boy - Red Letter 7"

The Ataris/Junglefish - Split 7"

Pennywise - Wild Card 7"

Pennywise - Tomorrow 7"

about 4 or 5 years ago if I remember correctly, maybe more.