the official wax releases you want to see happen

I really think this would be an amazing idea and I totally back it hard. One problem I saw that could keep this from happening is the fact of being able to get 10$ from 300 people. I think in order to raise all of the money we may have to have like different levels of donations par say. Like say for 10$ that would get you the rarest copy of the recording and give you one "stock" in the record. Now I know everyone has different financial situations, but for some of these releases people are throwing around I would be willing to buy more "stock" in the pressing of a particular record.

Say if you decided to buy 5 stocks in a pressing. That could be a different level of what you get right off that bat. That might guarantee you every color of the pressing. Then if you wanted to buy 10+ stock that would guarantee you every color and a test press. I think this way we would be able to raise the money faster and actually get this shit to a pressing plant.

Now say we actually pick an album that sells out. Then we would have a few things. That would get the ball rolling to be able to put out future collective releases and have the cash to do so. Also based on how many "stock" you have into a project virgil could disperse dividends every once in awhile in the form of VC gift certificates and I don't think anyone would argue with that.

Call them stocks or maybe level 1-3 donators whatever. It was just an idea I had when I saw this thread pop back up.

Okay that was longer than I intended

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with you Chaps. It would definitely be rad to be able to get more money in the ring faster and I know depending on the release, I would be willing to throw down for all the colors and a test. That said, if that were the case, I think there should still be a severally low number of people that could throw in for a test.

And again, I say Glassjaw - Worship and Tribute is a great record to start with.

Ok..I'm gonna be honest: a lot of these I would love to see...esp northstar, dredg & glassjaw...but we need to also think about gaining the rights to press an album.

90% of what everyone is saying is either an album from a major laber(glassjaw,dredg) or on an indie that does press vinyl(mychem,thursday,northstar)

Lets come up with some stuff we wouldn't need to purchase pressing rights for...

With that I nominate VAUX - BEYOND VIRTUE, BEYOND VICE

The band owns the rights to it...

As for around the fur...I'm pretty sure it was pressed...no? I could be thinking of adrenaline...but I'm almost positive every deftones full lenth has had vinyl treatment.

I totally agree with you Chaps. It would definitely be rad to be able to get more money in the ring faster and I know depending on the release, I would be willing to throw down for all the colors and a test. That said, if that were the case, I think there should still be a severally low number of people that could throw in for a test.

And again, I say Glassjaw - Worship and Tribute is a great record to start with.

Yeah It would be available for purchase in the VC store. Once we decide what is being pressed you would "Purchase" your level or number of stocks. And once that level / number of stocks is sold out, you would no long be able to purchase on that level.

Chaps, that is a great idea. I think you'd be surprised how many people would throw down $100 for all colors and a test press. That seems like a fantastic idea and I would be so down to do it.

As far as records that would definitely sell out, I think My Chemical Romance-3 Cheers would sell out super fast. Or maybe Fall Out Boy-Evening Out With Your Girlfriend.

Guest falloutcollapse

You are definitely Greg's friend.

Thursday-A City by the Light Divided

Dredg-El Cielo

Circa Survive-On Letting Go

Glassjaw-Worship and Tribute

Four Year Strong-Rise or Die Trying

Envy on the Coast-Lucy Gray

Brand New-Devil and God

you are definitely greg's student

This is very true.

Ok..I'm gonna be honest: a lot of these I would love to see...esp northstar, dredg & glassjaw...but we need to also think about gaining the rights to press an album.

Thats definitely a good point, but I think it would be worth it to at least see how much it would be to put out some bands they may be on a major. It may not be as expensive as we might think. Who knows?

I'm just saying while it would be a great way to start...its an added expense...if we get a band that owns the rights to their album it would be easier and we may not have to pay for that...

I just think for the first few releases we should keeps costs as low as possible...if it takes off...if this really works out...we can use that as muscle to get an album like worship & tribute...

in my personal opinion i think that we should try and press something from a popular and well established band.

while it may not be everyone's first choice, it will probably allow us to press more obscure artists in the future.

well i just thought everyone was throwing out band names they want released on vinyl and whatnot....i would love to see monday and 32 pressed...but if it was for the masses and vc to press i say suicide machines. any one with derek grant on drums.

Or maybe Fall Out Boy-Evening Out With Your Girlfriend.
I remember talking to them after TTTYG and they really, really don't like that release. I'd be surprised if you could talk them into letting anyone press it. They like to think their career started with TTTYG and ignore Girlfriend.

Those guys were in Racetraitor; they are "hardcore kids". I can't imagine they really like any of their current band's music. At least I like to think that! ;)