The Alchemy Index (again)

zac

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to disappoint you but.....

Vagrant Records regrets to announce a further shipping delay of the Thrice vinyl box set of The Alchemy Index. Wayne Pighini, label marketing head, issued the following statement:

“Our manufacturer has just informed us that the Thrice vinyl box set of The Alchemy Index will NOT meet the expected March 10 street date. We sincerely apologize for the repeated delays in getting this out to all of you who pre-ordered the package. Please know that this is the most elaborate vinyl set we’ve ever attempted and is literally being put together by hand. We underestimated the time necessary to complete each piece. We promise it will be worth the wait! Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with a specific shipping date at this time, but as soon as we get the updated ship date we’ll post it here and we assure you that your original order remains in force. All pre-orders will still ship before copies are in stores."

"Once again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your continued patience and understanding. We truly appreciate your support of Thrice and Vagrant Records.”

The Alchemy Index is a two-volume collection comprised of four EPs, each devoted to one of the essential elements in nature—fire, water, air and earth—with each EP sonically and thematically tailored to evoke the atmosphere inherent in its corresponding element.

Each of the 4 EP’s will be pressed on 10” colored vinyl -the Fire EP is red, Water is blue, Earth is brown and Air is on clear vinyl. The discs will be inside a hand-bound hardcover book complete with lyrics, liner notes and commentary from the band.

I'm getting a bit upset about it. I'm considering canceling my order. I don't buy a lot of vinyl, just the records that I really like and I really like the alchemy index. This was the first CD I bought thinking "I really hope they do this on vinyl!" But when I literally only have $27 in my bank account and $70 floating around somewhere in the hopes that someday I'll get this makes me want to just not get it.

word.

i ordered this when it first went up, before it was initially taken down and was only a pressing of 1000. is my order still held?

that would be sort of a bummer, i'd have to pay ebay prices for something like this.

Virgil has gone on record saying your order would still be valid, even if the price increases.