the time has come for me to catalogue my records

Googledocs I don't like.

I'd go with Dead Format or HYE (I've used both, settled with HYE). I like the ability to make it my own, as I'm particular in how mine are listed.

One thing I like about them over a spreadsheet is that you can search for something, and view who has it, or who wants it. Have made a number of good trades through HYE searching.

I like Googledocs the best, but use deadformat as well, though that list is way out of date. I just realized when Adam said that he like HYE the best for it's search ability that you can always search any list using the Firefox "find" option. Just hit Ctrl+f, and a search tab comes up that lets you search for whatever you want on the page you are looking for. Now that is handy.

I like Googledocs the best, but use deadformat as well, though that list is way out of date. I just realized when Adam said that he like HYE the best for it's search ability that you can always search any list using the Firefox "find" option. Just hit Ctrl+f, and a search tab comes up that lets you search for whatever you want on the page you are looking for. Now that is handy.

but you can't search through everyone's googledoc record list like you can with the other sites. just searching one list is pointless.

Ctrl + F works on all browsers, not just firefox.

Thanks for saying this this before I could. Also a good tip: Ctrl C and Ctrl V are cut and paste.

We all knew what you meant because you can't really cut on the internet, but you mean copy.

I am in the process of making a googledoc just because it's fully customizable, but it is nice to be able to search recordnerd for pressing info and to see if something actually exists.