I just need to remind you all about monday...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who'd you book? any good stories about it?

ugh, just stupid scene kids making bad music even less appealing.

do not EVER book Underoath though. fuck those guys.

sound's like some has a good story cmon spill the beans..

this is my show review i posted on a local board. just re-posting this here because i made this thread. I took no pictures because it seriously was way to depressing just having to sit in the back at the door...

and then there were none - really entertaining, really good live, i'd definitely bring them back because they really made it a good time for the kids at the show, haha

eyes set to kill - meh, they seemed stoked that kids knew them, but they were pretty bland and sat in their van for the most part, no care.

brokencyde - easily the worst band ever. worse than any local band playing for the first time. their set was a complete trainwreck, I had no clue what was going on, the sound was so terrible for them. they got a boner from the crowd, I think 5 times, and they only played 6 songs I think. they were so bad. i can't believe I booked that garbage... I think I honestly thought that maybe, just maybe, they would pull something off live and redeem even the slightest chance of being worth my time and effort for the show, but boy was I fucking wrong! I was pretty depressed, it wasn't even funny, it was that bad.

drop dead gorgeous - pretty good, but I was n the office doing stupid lame counting stuff so I could leave and go home. only played like 7 songs too, which was lame.

hi's - gabes food, fucking so awesome he did that, and if you read this gabe, do it for every show i do. seriously! the tour manager was the sound guy for 311, and he seriously was cool as fucking shit. too bad I hate 311, haha

low's - brokencyde. played buffalo two nights ago, a 2 hour drive. all of the other bands were parked outside of the venue at 4 PM for load in when I showed up, brokencyde showed up at 6:30. they then proceeded to say they were going to play 2nd instead of 3rd, which wouldn't have been that big of an issue had they been there on time, and had they been decent to me when they showed up. which they weren't. so I told them that they can play 2nd if they want to get paid $100 and that it would be a breach of contract, and that I would pay eyes set to kill their share of the money for being the main support. their light guy apparently punched a cop in boston (who does that??) and had to be back for court this morning about an hour ago (8 am)... I told them that 40 minutes is NOT going to make a difference in an all night drive that they have ahead of them. their tour manager just shrugged his shoulders and said "we'll do this for the fans". fuck him. fuck that band. they sat in their RV the entire night, sold merch the entire night and didnt actually leave until 10:15 when I left. so their bullshit about needing to play 2nd to leave early was a bunch of bull. end of the night I paid them all in 1 dollar bills.

end of the night I paid them all in 1 dollar bills.

This made me guffaw. I love you, Torti!

last night seriously made me question why I still book shows. it wasn't worth it. I made back all the money I lost on Terror/Maximum Penalty and extra to put towards Madball, but it wasn't worth it. I seriously was so bummed out during their set that I had anything to do with them and their touring. I wish they had an agent so I could just seriously let them have it for what piles of shit that band is. but they don't have an agent, they have a manager, whose number I don't have.

they're on the eentire warped tour. that makes me sick.