Sealed, 2000 pressed, OOP, should i open?

Mono's New York Soundtracks, just got it in a couple days ago. I have the tracks on my computer, but i would like to listen to it in better quality and on my sound system. But its OOP, 2004 press i believe and i'm trying to complete my mono set (as stated in my tradelist).

what should i do?

Open it. Play it. Enjoy it. And play it again. The only time I leave records sealed is if I'm waiting for a certain moment in time or a certain feeling to come over me to experience it. There are few records that's the case with, but sometimes I just want to wait for the perfect time when I can really dive right into the music and the experience. Anyone else do that?

Records are not/never were meant to be kept sealed. They're for PLAYING.

wow contradict yourself much?... so what youre telling me is you listen to every copy of that cave in - anchor 7" you have? i dont get the whole holier than thou record listener over record collector attitude people have. its what you make of it.

if you want to keep it sealed, then do so. if smashing it with a hammer makes you happy then go for it. its your record no one ever said you had to listen to it. labels wouldnt press the damn things on 6 different colors if all they wanted you to do was listen to it.

Records are not/never were meant to be kept sealed. They're for PLAYING.

wow contradict yourself much?... so what youre telling me is you listen to every copy of that cave in - anchor 7" you have? i dont get the whole holier than thou record listener over record collector attitude people have. its what you make of it.

if you want to keep it sealed, then do so. if smashing it with a hammer makes you happy then go for it. its your record no one ever said you had to listen to it. labels wouldnt press the damn things on 6 different colors if all they wanted you to do was listen to it.

There are only 3 or 4 bands that I'm trying to complete a collection for. But if I want to listen to the Anchor 7", I just grab one. It doesn't matter which color it is.

where the hell did you score Mono's "Memorie dal Futuro" on Grey?*

*My copy is black

Aural Exploits on eBay has a bunch of copies. the black copies are #'d and are intended for the US, the white copies are export copies for outside the US and the grey copies are meant to be promo copies.

where the hell did you score Mono's "Memorie dal Futuro" on Grey?*

*My copy is black

Aural Exploits on eBay has a bunch of copies. the black copies are #'d and are intended for the US, the white copies are export copies for outside the US and the grey copies are meant to be promo copies.

Thanks for the very thorough response! I had a really tough time finding any info on that release (6 months ago).