An Observation.

I'm bored at work and was browsing through some your lists and I've noticed a tremendous growth in many peoples collections. It's pretty funny to think that a message board could have such an effect on the way we spend our money. I know most of us, myself included, has spent a lot more money on vinyl since finding this place. I guess the point of this post was to say, "Great job dudes, and keep it up!" I know I'm stoked to say that in about 7 months, my collection has grown ten fold.

Guest genericinsight

I'm just glad there's now a message board (or hell, a few even) that I can discuss vinyl nerdiness with. I was going through a phase where I wasn't buying vinyl a whole lot like I used to but posting here (and at deadformat) got me into it again. Reading this board inspired me to get my speakers fixed after being broken for a couple years so I could start listening to my records again too!

It mostly came from my lack of knowing when and where to find vinyl. If I stumbled upon something I liked I was stoked and picked it up, now I know when and where most records come out and when things are put on special sale etc. Some examples include:

Paint it Black - New Lexicon

DCFC - The Found Transatlanticism

Waxwing - The LP Virgil just got

The Bronx - Bats!

Many of the MFATGG recent work

Fake Problems - Viking Eyes 7"

These are all things I wanted but wouldn't have been up to date on if not for this site. It has been really helpful for these things.

Guest genericinsight

Oh, also posting here and at DF has gotten me back into record trading as well. I had awful trading experiences when I traded exclusively through another site (that caters mainly to hardcore people, chances are you know it) so much that it caused me to never want to trade. It's better now.

^^ Completely agree. I definitely feel a lot more in the loop now that this place is here, but at the same time as everyone knows, sometimes all these great deals/finds are irresistible and the ol' wallet suffers. Case in point, sometime this week, someone will post that the Isis box set is on sale, and I will HAVE to buy it.

^^ Completely agree. I definitely feel a lot more in the loop now that this place is here, but at the same time as everyone knows, sometimes all these great deals/finds are irresistible and the ol' wallet suffers. Case in point, sometime this week, someone will post that the Isis box set is on sale, and I will HAVE to buy it.

Yeah, you all have a way of getting me so amped up and excited, I have to buy everything!

Yeah, you all have a way of getting me so amped up and excited, I have to buy everything!

I know that exact feeling. When I hear some people going on and on about a certain release or band, it prompts me to check it out and surely end up buying it.

So you fuckers are partly to blame why I am poor sometimes...

i think that everyone on this board should get a BJ from the following people:

Mike from Asian Man (Goddamnit)

Jake from Deathwish (upcoming Jane Doe repress)

Mike from Fat (Square Dance 7" series)

Var from No Idea (every HWM and AM! variant)

our own Virgil (for countless MTB records to lust after)

i mean, all my money already went to them

i appreciate that this board has a much MUCH lower percentage of flakes than other boards i check out.

most of the stuff talked about on here is not my cup of tea, and seems to be repetitive, but when things do pop up, i can appreciate its a tighter knit community, and people dont seem to be as eager about being flakes on buying, or ripping you off when you pay.

I def was in another slump when it came to vinyl and was planning on just selling everything off. I joined here to post my list for sale, but decided to wait a bit and stick it out, and now I'm buying vinyl again on an almost daily basis! Love it! But my wallet will probably kill me in my sleep for it.

doubled at least since i've been here.

also, i'm on a first name basis with the folks at my local post office now. and i've spent more on shipping than i ever thought possible via trades and shit.

hahaha...I was just talking about this with someone yesterday how the people at the post office are getting to know me.

I started collecting when I was 16, but until I was about 19 i had no idea they still made vinyl on a widespread basis, let alone that i could get my current favorite bands on vinyl. thanks to ebay and sites just like this i've been able to grow my collection exponentially and create a great collection of records spanning from the 1950s to 2008.