Explain this shit to me

Alright, I can't take this anymore. I've sat back and watched the numbers go through the roof continuously and I just can't avoid asking the question anymore.

WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH MISFITS VINYL?!

Hey, I love the fucking Misfits and would love to have some of their old vinyl but $8,000? Fiend Club shit going for over $400. I mean, I don't think I've seen any other old punk band move those kind of numbers. Anyone care to explain?

I mean seriously...what the fuck?!

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-MISFITS-Bullet-Button-MEGA-RARE-RED-BACKGROUND_W0QQitemZ150210875744QQihZ005QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

those buttons were hand made by the band and are pretty damn rare.

i dont care if they were made by jesus christ or an ancient egyptian, thats way too much money for something like that...kinda funny

i never asked if you cared.

he wanted to know why it went for so much, and that is the reason why.

i dont care if they were made by jesus christ or an ancient egyptian, thats way too much money for something like that...kinda funny

i never asked if you cared.

he wanted to know why it went for so much, and that is the reason why.

sorry, didnt mean to come across as a dick towards you, just saying it in general, thats all

I think it's just the mass amount of people that are into them.. I mean it is ridiculous but think about who listens to the misfits...middle school kids, punk rock kids, hardcore kids, metalheads, goth kids, heck my dad even said he could get into them. Just a broader range of people collecting them.

I get that they're popular and they have some rare items but so do the Clash and a ton of other bands that people would argue are more influential and more popular. I just don't get the deal with the Misfits.

And $150 for a button is retarded. I know a dozen people who could press 50 of those exact buttons for $5 and then place them in a high salt environment to simulate the rust. I'm sorry but that's just insane to pay that much for a 1" round button. But I do understand what you're saying

i love, love, LOVE the misfits...but will never try buying their vinyl...besides all the bootlegs out there, too damn expensive...

same w/ nirvana...i love nirvana, but for them i had the chance to buy that stuff early and cheap but blew it...now i won't drop that kind of cash on them...

I get that they're popular and they have some rare items but so do the Clash and a ton of other bands that people would argue are more influential and more popular. I just don't get the deal with the Misfits.

And $150 for a button is retarded. I know a dozen people who could press 50 of those exact buttons for $5 and then place them in a high salt environment to simulate the rust. I'm sorry but that's just insane to pay that much for a 1" round button. But I do understand what you're saying

Just to clarify, the buttons are not 1" round, they are more like 4" round, like a badge. I used to have the white background version years ago, but traded it for misfits vinyl. As far as the appeal, they are probably my favorite band of all time, and I'm a collector at heart, so it's fun to collect the differrent versions of vinyl and memorabilia. Danzig was a collector as well, and that side of his personality really shows when it comes to the production of Misfits items. To me, the Clash and Sex Pistols, etc. are all cool, but the Misfits imagery is much more iconic than anything those bands did in my opinion, and I think this contributes to the appeal.

-Chris