Heavens LP pressing #s breakdown

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't want to talk shit on the guy or anything. I have never heard this album, and I have certainly never met him, but the logistics of the whole thing are pretty ridiculous. My estimate of the pressing costs was a ballpark. Maybe he had to pay to license the record? He's in the band isn't he? I have no idea. Still, $17 for a mailorder LP is pretty wild. If I can sell records for less than $10 ppd. pressing 200, 300, or 500 of them with full artwork and cover my expenses....come on.

I'm just confused as to why he decided to shut down all the avenues of communication people had with him & left everyone in the dark.

that was what my problem was as well. no receipts for my payment, no confirmation my money went through - just sending around 18 bucks to some random ass email addy and hoping to god i got the record. like i said previously, i don't use myspace so i had no way of knowing what was going on with the pressing of this thing after waiting for months. thank god for the VC board. -1 this man.

Guest scriptedrain
in my opinion, the blank sleeve isn't horrible. it's just that we should have been charged $12 a pop if that was the case. not $18 or whatever it was like in my case.

Exactly. For me, it's the facts that we were charged so much AND we were told it'd have exclusive artwork. A DJ sleeve and a sticker is misleading when you're charging twice what a label like Fat is charging, yet still catering to the same audience (and he knew that). If he was up front and honest before he put up the preorder, then he wouldn't have people angry over purchasing it, just people disappointed in how it was released (which wouldn't cause the amount of anger and backlash that this has caused, especially considering people wouldn't be out $18).

I agree that we should move on, I just felt like sharing. This is lesson learned for all of us and karma will get him back.

Well, I don't want to talk shit on the guy or anything. I have never heard this album, and I have certainly never met him, but the logistics of the whole thing are pretty ridiculous. My estimate of the pressing costs was a ballpark. Maybe he had to pay to license the record? He's in the band isn't he? I have no idea. Still, $17 for a mailorder LP is pretty wild. If I can sell records for less than $10 ppd. pressing 200, 300, or 500 of them with full artwork and cover my expenses....come on.

I could understand paying $17 ppd if this record had been: 180 gram, full color jacket, insert, etc. - especially for a limited color run.

I almost like the LP layout, its simple, and I don't really associate Heavens with insane visuals. But this record should have been no more than $12ppd.

This guy obviously isn't looking to release any more records, if so, he just pissed off a lot of potential buyers