Heavens LP pressing #s breakdown

Joe Steinbrick posted this a few days back on the Heavens myspace, I just saw it now:

Now that I've had the chance to finally organize how all the vinyl was distributed, I figured I'd share the pressing/test pressing information with anyone who's into that sort of thing.

1-35 were reserved for band members, people who worked with us and friends.

36-40 are damages. Every once in a while a copy would come up with a label that wasn't pressed properly. There were only 5 out of the whole press, not so bad.

41 went to somebody named Erin (I think?) who asked really nicely if they could have a low .

42-49 were sent to the eight t-shirt design contest winners.

50 is a copy signed by Matt and myself that we are sending to PETA for them to auction.

51-900 (excluding 420 and 666, which I threw away) were the ones sent out from my room to your room. 716-900 are still available.

901-1000 were sent to Vinyl Collective because he wanted to sell them. They have "V.C." wriiten next to the number.

The pressing plant also made an extra 100 copies that I sent to Vinyl Collective as well. They are numbered V.C. 1-100.

As far as test pressings go there are 15 in total and none of them have the album perfectly. The first batch (1-8) have a glitch in "Annabelle" and the second batch (1-7) only have the B-Side (Tracks 6-11). 6/8,6/7 and 7/8,7/7 were sold as pairs. I'm contemplating getting rid of 8/8 soon. The rest I'll probably hang on to.

So that's it. For the collector folks. Can I have the past 45 minutes back?

In other news, apparently dude lurks this board, because he just sent me a nasty message via MySpace!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wait..

why throw out 420 and 666?

Well, if he was serious I imagine its simply because he didn't want people freaking out over those numbers because of their pop culture significance. He probably thought anything Matt Skiba related marked 666= some kid selling it on ebay for a shitload of money.

I think Joe did a fine job with pressing this album, except how long it took to get it to us. DJ cover, black vinyl, etc puts the music first. I'm shocked that so many people had an adverse reaction to it. Mine plays great and is an old skool collectible. Plus it isn't something that becomes a color vinyl popularity contest. Heavens has been a great transition for Skiba after the last couple of A3 albums and this vinyl matches the music. Go ahead and smite me now. I just think people are too harsh on this one.

I think Joe did a fine job with pressing this album, except how long it took to get it to us. DJ cover, black vinyl, etc puts the music first. I'm shocked that so many people had an adverse reaction to it. Mine plays great and is an old skool collectible. Plus it isn't something that becomes a color vinyl popularity contest. Heavens has been a great transition for Skiba after the last couple of A3 albums and this vinyl matches the music. Go ahead and smite me now. I just think people are too harsh on this one.

I think it was the fact that people wait for so long without hardly any communication on Joe's part and that they paid as much as they did for it.

i only heard the song patent pending before i bought this album. i haven't listened to it yet, to be honest. but i wasn't that crazy for the song... so i wasn't that crazy on ordering this album. everyone who preordered early are the ones who i think were the most upset. i ordered this after virgil got the second batch of VC editions in, and i wasn't nearly bothered by this as much as everyone else.

i was kinda bummed when i got this record, but honestly, i don't have a huge problem with it either. it's an alright record numbered /100. only bummed that it cost me some 17 bucks.

this is whats up. for real real

I think it was the fact that people wait for so long without hardly any communication on Joe's part and that they paid as much as they did for it.

there was all kinds of communication... just impatient people who were bummed they didnt get white clear half/half inside outside cotton candy splatter explosion w red streaks colored vinyl.

there was all kinds of communication... just impatient people who were bummed they didnt get white clear half/half inside outside cotton candy splatter explosion w red streaks colored vinyl.

i could care less what color vinyl this thing was on. the issue as far as i'm concerned - as someone who doesn't have a myspace and has no interest in visiting that waste of bandwidth blog he set up - there were no updates and no communication whatsoever on his behalf. i didn't get a receipt for my payment to actually let me know my money was processed and not pocketed by some no talent pantywaist. i'm a fairly good guy and understand pressing problems happen and understand the band's decision on the record's packaging (or lack thereof), but in my eyes it was not good business to leave us in the dark while2 or 3 months go by and test presses are being sold on ebay and the physical record has yet to be in my hands.

i could care less what color vinyl this thing was on. the issue as far as i'm concerned - as someone who doesn't have a myspace and has no interest in visiting that waste of bandwidth blog he set up - there were no updates and no communication whatsoever on his behalf. i didn't get a receipt for my payment to actually let me know my money was processed and not pocketed by some no talent pantywaist. i'm a fairly good guy and understand pressing problems happen and understand the band's decision on the record's packaging (or lack thereof), but in my eyes it was not good business to leave us in the dark while2 or 3 months go by and test presses are being sold on ebay and the physical record has yet to be in my hands.

i dont get it then... did you want him to personally call your phone and give you an update? he sent out myspace bulletins... he updated the blog... (i got a reciept from paypal) just because you had no interest in checking or using one of the sites doesnt mean no effort was made on his part.

on that note, im done. everyone knows where everyone stands regarding this record. you love it you hate it, you hate him you love him blah blah who cares.