Did anyone else think Watchmen kinda sukt?

I didnt read the book, but the movie was only meh. Out of the 7 kids i saw it with the only 2 that liked the movie read the book...now if you ask me thats just poor filmmaking. Snyder did a fine job on the visuals again, but it just didnt come together as a good movie.

also sorry if this thread exists on another page already.

i have never met so many people whose enjoyment was dependent on EVERYTHING being perfect. they nailed 70% of the book. they changed the ending, but it makes sense in the plot and it works. the black freighter stuff will be put back into the directors cut. As much as I love the squid it wouldn't have worked in the context of a 2 1/2 hour film. They did it as faithfully as they realistically could. Enjoy what it does right and realize this movie doing well will make it easier to do shit like Preacher, Transmet, or any other of a host of difficult adult comics correctly.

As someone who isn't a comic book nerd, I thought it was a great movie.

Just like all the other comic movies, I've not read a single one, nor even know the stories of them beforehand, but I enjoy most of the movies.

I personally would find it boring if a movie depicted a book verbatim. Gotta change something.

iron man is probably the most faithful comic book / superhero movie.

Sin City was pretty much a frame for frame adaptation/amalgam of several stories, that did it pretty well for a "verbatim adaptation"...and it wasn't boring or stupid...it was pure Frank Miller

I'm hopeful for the Wolverine movie to be ok...but goddamn do i want an Iron Man sequel pronto...that scene after the credits...holy fucking shit.

yeah dude. i love tony stark so much, he basically epitomizes what i think a superhero would be in reality. just a crazy, drunk womanizer who realizes the error of his ways and then works towards good.

sin city was great visually. i'm not a comic book reader so i don't know how faithful many of these movies are to the comic series. i want to see watchmen for the visuals, though. i hear those are amazing. and for the opening scene. my friend posted a link to the credits on his facebook and i watched it; it was awesome.

i have never met so many people whose enjoyment was dependent on EVERYTHING being perfect. they nailed 70% of the book. they changed the ending, but it makes sense in the plot and it works. the black freighter stuff will be put back into the directors cut. As much as I love the squid it wouldn't have worked in the context of a 2 1/2 hour film. They did it as faithfully as they realistically could. Enjoy what it does right and realize this movie doing well will make it easier to do shit like Preacher, Transmet, or any other of a host of difficult adult comics correctly.

Thank you. Agree completely.

I think part of it is since there is just a finite amount of material to work with. Batman? Iron Man? There is soooo much shit written, you can take the best stuff, craft a mostly new story and it works.

With Watchmen, everyone knows every bit of the material and just expected it to be just like the books. Is it ever as good? Fuck no, because people read the books first ... and nothing is as awesome as the first time you experienced it.

My two cents.

Thank you. Agree completely.

I think part of it is since there is just a finite amount of material to work with. Batman? Iron Man? There is soooo much shit written, you can take the best stuff, craft a mostly new story and it works.

With Watchmen, everyone knows every bit of the material and just expected it to be just like the books. Is it ever as good? Fuck no, because people read the books first ... and nothing is as awesome as the first time you experienced it.

My two cents.