Your white whale

I've resigned myself to know I'll never get my white whale. It's the Euro tour version of Paint it Black's "Paradise."

ever try a uk message board or anything?

it's weird, the amount they brought with them to Europe didn't sell out, the sold the rest at a fest here. I've contact just about everyone on HYE that has it. It's never been on the ebay.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Explosions in the Sky - How Strange, Innocence on any color

Only 300 were pressed and the band has said they don't want it reissued. I see it on ebay from time to time for around $400+. I don't have that kind of money for a record and probably never will, and it pains me to know I'll never listen to or own the album on vinyl. Its an album that means a lot to me. I listened to a lot it during a brief time in my life where everything was going right (I won't get too livejournal about it, don't worry) and had a few beautiful life moments with it playing. Its just such a beautiful album, its always damn near brought a tear to my eye.

Then after that fell apart I listened to Jane Doe a lot, but I'll have that soon thanks to deathwish reissuing it. Thanks Jake Bannon!

Guest scriptedrain
Explosions in the Sky - How Strange, Innocence on any color

Only 300 were pressed and the band has said they don't want it reissued. I see it on ebay from time to time for around $400+. I don't have that kind of money for a record and probably never will, and it pains me to know I'll never listen to or own the album on vinyl. Its an album that means a lot to me. I listened to a lot it during a brief time in my life where everything was going right (I won't get too livejournal about it, don't worry) and had a few beautiful life moments with it playing. Its just such a beautiful album, its always damn near brought a tear to my eye.

That record was mine and Jess' white whale and we ended up getting it in February (after I put in my February CotM interview that that's the record I wanted the most :) ). It's beautiful beyond words.

Hatebreed/Integrity 7" PURPLE /27

Some background: Due to transition problem, the colour for this release got pretty fucked up. Most of the 7"es turned out to be greyish, but they all have a different colour somewhere in between grey and purple. Lots of blue, black and pink streaks too. According to my source the /27 PURPLE exists but it has never been seen before. Not by Integrity collectors, not by Hatebreed collectors... I don't even know if it exists...

Guest streetcore

I sold my old white whale to Impact. It was Against Me's "Crime" cassette with demos of "8 full hour of sleep" and "all or nothing" and only 50 were made. My new white whale is Screaching Weasel's "boogada" 1st press. I could have bought one this week but i gave all my money to Jailhouse.

i guess i haven't really thought about my wanted records as white whales, but there's a few records i wouldn't mind having that i haven't seen too frequently:

Mustard Plug - You / The Freshman 7"

Slow Gherkin - Another In Your Life 7"

Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Hell of A Hat 7"

Casket Lottery - Lost At Sea - 7" - Red - STILL TRYING TO GET THIS DAMNIT!

27 - Songs From The Edge Of The Wing 12" clear

I have never seen it on eBay. Sure, it's a relatively new release (last 5 years or so) but its addition would complete my collection.

One guy over at DF has it but does not want to trade. I know Chris One Day Savior has it but he is also a big fan of the band and I'm not about to hit him up for it.

i guess i haven't really thought about my wanted records as white whales, but there's a few records i wouldn't mind having:

Mustard Plug - You / The Freshman 7"

Slow Gherkin - Another In Your Life 7"

Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Hell of A Hat 7"

Casket Lottery - Lost At Sea - 7" - Red - STILL TRYING TO GET THIS DAMNIT!

i have another in your life, don't think i would get rid of it though unless i got a really good offer

i would also love to have that you/freshman single as well, the cover is so good.