Your white whale

monster movie - last night something happened

never once seen this for sale and i've been listening to it so much lately that i just need to own it.

minus the bear - planet of ice test press

my favourite band. definitely couldn't afford one but i can still hope.

khanate - s/t

one of my favourite albums from one of my favourite bands. always goes for far too much on ebay.

one am radio - hum of the electric air on clear

another amazing album that i just have never come across.

botch - we are the romans

one of the albums that got me into heavy music. i'd settle for a repress though, which hopefully happens sometime this year.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad Religion - 80-85 (Because it is the only BR record I have NEVER seen and because I love the band)

I don't mean to hurt your heart, but this record does not exist. I compiles a bunch of vinyl only releases on to one CD.

If you want it on vinyl, you'll have to go out and find the "How Could Hell Be Any Worse?" LP, s/t 7", "Back To The Known" 12" EP, and the "Public Service" comp.

Are you telling me that my white whal has been extinct!?!?!?!?!

me -> shattered -> can never -> live again -> must...... find another white whale:

All Comeback Kid's limited handnumbered Turn It Around-releases! or AFI - Behind The Times!

I don't mean to hurt your heart, but this record does not exist. I compiles a bunch of vinyl only releases on to one CD.

If you want it on vinyl, you'll have to go out and find the "How Could Hell Be Any Worse?" LP, s/t 7", "Back To The Known" 12" EP, and the "Public Service" comp.

me -> shattered -> can never -> live again -> must...... find another white whale:

All Comeback Kid's limited handnumbered Turn It Around-releases! or AFI - Behind The Times!

I'm suprised you didn't say AFI-Eddie's All Wet 7"

Less like extinct and more like mythological.

Set Your Goals - Treasure Chest ...pretty self explanatory I think. Love the album.

i know someone on the ap.net boards that has it and was looking to sell it at least a few months ago...

Yes, I know. I remember fromwithin talking about getting rid of it, can't remember if he did or not. I wouldn't shell out more than $100 for it, and it goes for a shitload more.

I have a few white whales:

The Draft – Stop Wastin' My Time / Up All Night 7" - 1st press - blue w/yellow vinyl - out of 9

The Draft – Stop Wastin' My Time / Up All Night 7" - 1st press - yellow vinyl - out of 1

The Draft – In A Million Pieces LP+7" - 1st press - bright green vinyl - out of 5

The Draft – In A Million Pieces LP+7" - 1st press - yellow green vinyl - out of 4

The Draft – In A Million Pieces LP+7" - 1st press - aqua vinyl - out of 3

The Draft – In A Million Pieces LP - 3rd press - pink vinyl - out of 3

I have a few white whales:

The Draft – Stop Wastin' My Time / Up All Night 7" - 1st press - blue w/yellow vinyl - out of 9

The Draft – Stop Wastin' My Time / Up All Night 7" - 1st press - yellow vinyl - out of 1

The Draft – In A Million Pieces LP+7" - 1st press - bright green vinyl - out of 5

The Draft – In A Million Pieces LP+7" - 1st press - yellow green vinyl - out of 4

The Draft – In A Million Pieces LP+7" - 1st press - aqua vinyl - out of 3

The Draft – In A Million Pieces LP - 3rd press - pink vinyl - out of 3

out of 1?!?1 that just isnt fair.

i know someone on the ap.net boards that has it and was looking to sell it at least a few months ago...

Yes, I know. I remember fromwithin talking about getting rid of it, can't remember if he did or not. I wouldn't shell out more than $100 for it, and it goes for a shitload more.

ah now i know what your ap username is haha

Avail - Satiate Catheter Assembly Records (white cover w/blue letters)

Avail is my absolute favorite band.... and every time I see this goddamn record I either miss the sale or get outbid. Somebody please give it to me!! I also would love to get my hands on an Over the James test press.

dont miss it this time! http://cgi.ebay.com/AVAIL-Satiate-LP-Original-Catheter-Records-press-Rare_W0QQitemZ330212121263QQihZ014QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hahaha. one of the funnier things ive heard in a long time. you know adam each time we've hung out i gaze into your eyes and think about ocean avenue and all those nights id sit and talk to you.

jess probably still wants that record too.

... I can hear the shitty violins now...

Jess has poor taste, OBVIOUSLY (Im basing this solely on you being her boyfriend, of course)

PS: I miss you guys.

Bad Religion - S/T 7" first press out of 500.

seriously. someone hook this up. Ive been looking for like 8 years and STILL havent found it.

fuuuuuuuuck

You can't find it, or you can't find it for the price you're willing to pay? A few of them pop up on eBay a year. They sell for $300-$400.

hahaha. one of the funnier things ive heard in a long time. you know adam each time we've hung out i gaze into your eyes and think about ocean avenue and all those nights id sit and talk to you.

jess probably still wants that record too.

... I can hear the shitty violins now...

Jess has poor taste, OBVIOUSLY (Im basing this solely on you being her boyfriend, of course)

PS: I miss you guys.

i shall end your life sir. im sure youll see me at converge or have heart.

• 1 month later...

NOFX-The Longest Line on clear blue. I've seen it one time on ebay and it was about 6 or 8 years ago. It went for like 60 or 70 bux. At that time, it seemed like a shitload to pay for a NOFX record, now they have about 30 different records going for that much. If I could do anything over again, that would be it. Some people don't believe me, but it's real I saw it and if this rings a bell, the dude who was selling it had the record by his face so you could see thru it in the ebay listing pic.

Why? it's one of my favorite eps ever. And it was the first record with El Hefe. The fact that I'm the only person I know of who has seen it, makes it a very metaphorical white whale for me.

Prediction: If it surfaces on eBay before the US Economy totally collapses, I believe it will fetch $1000 or more.

Guest scriptedrain
NOFX-The Longest Line on clear blue. I've seen it one time on ebay and it was about 6 or 8 years ago. It went for like 60 or 70 bux. At that time, it seemed like a shitload to pay for a NOFX record, now they have about 30 different records going for that much. If I could do anything over again, that would be it. Some people don't believe me, but it's real I saw it and if this rings a bell, the dude who was selling it had the record by his face so you could see thru it in the ebay listing pic.

Why? it's one of my favorite eps ever. And it was the first record with El Hefe. The fact that I'm the only person I know of who has seen it, makes it a very metaphorical white whale for me.

Prediction: If it surfaces on eBay before the US Economy totally collapses, I believe it will fetch $1000 or more.

That's the kind of white whale post I like to read. A lot of these "white whales" are constantly on eBay or well known. Something like this actually goes along with what being a "white whale" means / is (not to mention, you're only talking about 1 record, a few people are bringing up multiples, I think I even did). It's not necessarily the record(s) you want the most, but the record that is never available / seen, to a mythological extent almost. Again, good post.

after searching for 2 some years I finally got a copy of this. Thank you eBay. I never really thought about it being a "white whale" but I guess I searched long and hard for it.

This is the album that opened the door to the wonderful world of modern psychedelic rock for me. I haven't looked back since.

I don't think this LP was ever "limited" in copies, I can only guess that few were pressed or those who bought it love it too, first one on the bay in a few years.

The Warlocks - Phoenix album - The original US press on Birdman, not that UK Mute pressing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=370031275668&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=024