Hey Scott! (Scott questions)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do I have to pay to subscribe to A.P.?!?!...It should be free after all these years reading it damnit!!!

We've considered developing an ala carte system where instead of charging $4.99 per issue (or "album"), we'll charge $0.99 per page (or "track"). This seems to be working out pretty well for the music industry in general! Of course, our average issue is 144 pages, so it could get pretty pricey. Maybe we'll start reissuing the magazine with a bonus DVD six months down the line.

why do you hate "big" sigs, yet your avatar and your own sig are both animated?

Because size has no direct correlation to animation, dumbass.

haha i'm a dumbass huh?

and you're right, they don't have any direct correlation, other than the fact that you complained about the size being "annoying," and animated images are just as annoying. that's the point i was trying to make. (i'd call you a "dumbass" here, but i'll be the bigger man)

what are your dinner plans for tonight

Not quite sure, to be honest. I have a frozen pepperoni and sausage pizza from Red Baron in my freezer (by far the best of the best in terms of frozen pizzas, and usually I can get 'em on sale for 2/$8 at my local grocer, which is a total steal considering they usually retail for $5.99 each), but I also have a decent selection of Hungry Man frozen entrees (I believe there's a turkey and stuffing one in there, as well as a fried chicken and mashed potatoes one -- not 100 percent positive, however). Of course, there's the option of hot dogs (Sugardale brand -- gotta represent Ohio food!) as well as chicken patties (eh, I remember these being tastier when I was younger), but I've eaten both of those this week already. Same goes for the flank steak I have in the freezer (which, interestingly, came from the butcher in a spiral with layers of cheese and what I'm guessing is pepperoni wrapped inside of it -- who knew that would go together?). Decisions, decisions... I suppose I could pick something up on the way home, but money's a bit tight this month, and I just went to a movie last night (Watchmen, if you were curious) and totally splurged on a popcorn and root beer, dropping nearly $20 total in the process (including the ticket price). Felt kinda stupid afterward, but how can you not watch a movie (especially one as long as Watchmen) without popcorn and root beer? Plus, the fountain at our local theater has Barq's, which is downright irresistible when it comes to mass-produced root beers. (I like to consider myself somewhat of a root beer connoisseur, I love trying new brands.) I was more impressed how I was able to hold my bladder the whole length of the movie, as it hit three hours, including trailers. Funny sidenote: During the movie (which I thought was only okay), P-Fresh, my platonic date for the night, totally fell asleep, like, FOUR different times, snoring loudly each time. The four people in front of us (who I believe were two gay couples, but I'm not completely positive on that) were pretty annoyed by it and I think they expected me to wake him, but the guy looked so peaceful sawing some Zs. Besides, he eventually came to each time on his own accord. Plus, I think lightly touching him while he slept would violate some sort of heterosexual-male-friends clause, although I'd have to review the rulebook to make sure. Or, since P-Fresh posts on here, I suppose he could weigh in on the "dudes touching other dudes" thing.

So, yeah. Maybe frozen pizza?

Hey Scott,

biggest name drop you've ever done?

thanks.

<3

Hmm, I dunno, but I can tell you about the biggest name drop I've ever witnessed.

Last year, as Fall Out Boy were finishing up their newest record, their people had reached out to us about potentially putting the band on the cover, but we were initially lukewarm on the idea. So Pete Wentz himself boarded a plane and flew to Cleveland with his manager (and a cameraman, weirdly) and spent the better part of the entire day inside my boss' office with the entire editorial staff, essentially pleading his case.

It was odd and awkward and kind of surreal at times, most specifically when Pete said something like, "If there's one thing I learned from hanging out with Kanye..." then he paused, looked at us and said, "...West," as if anyone in the room thought there were any other Kanyes he might have been hanging out with and needed the clarification.

...aaaaaaaaand that's 10,000! However, keep asking me questions, I'll happily answer 'em all.

Worse knock off Snorks or Go-Bots?

Pretty sure I owned GoBots and enjoyed playing with them, so I'll say Snorks. You know what I really liked growing up, though? MASK:

[image]

There was another toy line called Silver something, they were people who had big silver wings and flew through space. There was a video game for the Intellivision based on it, too. I wish I could remember the name!