New LP size USPS flat rate boxes coming soon

ocnypunk

I found out from a friend of mine who works for the post office that the USPS will be coming out with new larger priority mail flat rate boxes. The dimensions are 12 1/4'' x 12 1/4'' x 6''. Hopefully they'll fit Lp's nice and snug so they dont move around, time will only tell if they fit Lp's just right. If they fit you'd be able to mail a ton of LP's in 1 box at the flat rate price.

Ok now the bad news. They are jacking up the price for this flat rate to $12.95 for domestic, $29.95 to Canada, and $49.95 to all other countries.

may 1st postage goes up on domestic mail

Starting May 12, 2008, postage for first class mail will increase by one cent. Stamps will cost $0.42 each. However,USPS officials say they plan to honor the old, $0.41 "Forever" stamps, as well. The price change reflects current inflation rates.

Other rate changes will include:

Post Card: up $0.01, to $0.27

Large Envelope (2 ounces): up $0.03, to $1.00

Certified Mail: up $0.05, to $2.70

1st Class, to Canada or Mexico: up $0.03, to $0.72

1st Class, to other country: up $0.04, to $0.94

This really isn't applicable to me since I've been training farm'cats to carry LPs on their backs.

WHY THIS WORKS FOR YOU

1. They hate water, so your LPs will come crisp and dry

2. They know how to fight. Growing up on a farm is like the hard knocks of critter living. Seriously, ever seen a cat go up against a chicken and a bull AT THE SAME TIME? Let's just say that cat uses the Chicken's limp corpse for mad phat hang-time.

3. They'll bring the record when you least suspect it. Duh, cat's never come by when you WANT them to

4. They work for cheap knock'off friskies that promise to "Improve Dental Health as well as Breath!". They don't.

5. They can see in the dark pretty well and know how to traverse roof-tops. Don't be surprised if your order comes before the next sunrise.

So as you can see, I have this all thought out and really don't care to deal with the USPS anymore. But I mean, it's hard stuffing a cat in a POBox, so I dunno.

This really isn't applicable to me since I've been training farm'cats to carry LPs on their backs.

WHY THIS WORKS FOR YOU

2. They know how to fight. Growing up on a farm is like the hard knocks of critter living. Seriously, ever seen a cat go up against a chicken and a bull AT THE SAME TIME? Let's just say that cat uses the Chicken's limp corpse for mad phat hang-time.

3. They'll bring the record when you least suspect it. Duh, cat's never come by when you WANT them to

4. They work for cheap knock'off friskies that promise to "Improve Dental Health as well as Breath!". They don't.

5. They can see in the dark pretty well and know how to traverse roof-tops. Don't be surprised if your order comes before the next sunrise.

So as you can see, I have this all thought out and really don't care to deal with the USPS anymore. But I mean, it's hard stuffing a cat in a POBox, so I dunno.

Best post ever?

WHY THIS WORKS FOR YOU

Um.....

+1

I found out from a friend of mine who works for the post office that the USPS will be coming out with new larger priority mail flat rate boxes. The dimensions are 12 1/4'' x 12 1/4'' x 6''. Hopefully they'll fit Lp's nice and snug so they dont move around, time will only tell if they fit Lp's just right. If they fit you'd be able to mail a ton of LP's in 1 box at the flat rate price.

Ok now the bad news. They are jacking up the price for this flat rate to $12.95 for domestic, $29.95 to Canada, and $49.95 to all other countries.

i may broke and still have many debts if i have to pay this shipping charge over 20 times a year....

• 10 months later...