What's your mile time?

I once ran a mile in 2 minutes.. Fucking ICE CREAM TRUCK was fast!

Seriously, in high school i use to run a mile in about a little over 6 minutes. years later, when i smoked i couldn't dry off after a shower without being winded. Now im trying to exercise more and get back in shape.

Scott, congrats on working out. that's awesome that you're getting in the gym. hopefully i'll be doing the same soon. i'm gonna start working out at home and whatnot.. baby steps.

I'm a fatty who just returned to the gym this week for the first time in something like four years, so my mile time on the elliptical last night was something like 13 or 14 minutes. Hoping to eventually get it down to 10 (I figure that's a good goal for someone my size).

I'm gonna bring the room down for a minute here.

Good for you dude. I'm not fucking around when I say getting started is the hardest part and where almost everyone fails. I got going to the gym about 7 years ago for various reasons (mostly due to a family history of heart problems [my dad had a triple bypass at 55]) and it's a bitch to get started. But even if you don't want to look as ripped and chiseled as I do, just doing anything to improve your health is commendable.

Totally, whatever you have to do. When I got off drugs I was so sick. I literally could not walk a week after getting off drugs. Two years later I can run 10 miles without it killing me (it's not fun), I've been rock climbing, biking, whatever. Keep it up. It will pay off.

Ugh I don't get how you guys can do the ellipticals I would take running any day.

That would bore the fuck out of me..Plus that's what I like about running in the street you know how much more you have to go( that can be a good thing or bad) but it beats the hell out of looking at a timer every few minutes..

I think what's appealing to me is the lack of potentially shitty terrain. I can't trip over a pothole or run through mud/puddles (or get hit by a car) on an elliptical. Plus I feel like if I were running on my own outside, I'd stop way more often than not.

Guest kevinb
Ugh I don't get how you guys can do the ellipticals I would take running any day.

That would bore the fuck out of me..Plus that's what I like about running in the street you know how much more you have to go( that can be a good thing or bad) but it beats the hell out of looking at a timer every few minutes..

I think what's appealing to me is the lack of potentially shitty terrain. I can't trip over a pothole or run through mud/puddles (or get hit by a car) on an elliptical. Plus I feel like if I were running on my own outside, I'd stop way more often than not.

Everyone is different but I figured back in the day When I started out running If i get halfway & I don't feel like running I am fucked so I have to keep running.. Each to his own but to me it beats the hell out of staring at the wall it would be to easy to just jump off the tread mill... You are right about the terrain though nothing sucks like running up hill.

Everyone is different but I figured back in the day When I started out running If i get halfway & I don't feel like running I am fucked so I have to keep running.. Each to his own but to me it beats the hell out of staring at the wall it would be to easy to just jump off the tread mill... You are right about the terrain though nothing sucks like running up hill.

Who's staring at the wall? I'm staring at the cute girl's butt in front of me!

Guest kevinb

Ha ha yeah i do miss that That definitely helps.

Dude if you get a chance check into hiit cardio.

I know its a complete pain in the ass to get acquainted with all the info about exercise and research and such but If you are looking to loose weight this is the fastest and most effective way

QTF.

not gonna lie, some of the motivation to go everyday is the talent there.

Back in the day when I was in shape and did cross country and track, my first mile of the 5k would be about 5:25 and running the 1600 in track was around 5. Of course, that was 8 years and 25 lbs ago.

And running downhill always sucked more than uphill for me in CC. You can lose controll of your speed and your knees fly out wildly, and your feet slap hard as you gain momentum. I'll take uphill any day.