record store day bummers....

Not sure if this has been posted, but I've been in touch with a record store up here in Seattle who is holding a list of releases I'm picking up for that day. The modest mouse 7" was on that list and they just emailed me to let me know it won't be ready in time for record store day. Also that the Dr. Dog 7" is cancelled and the elvis costello record might be getting cancelled.

Figured I would let ya'll know in case anyone was making a trip just for one of those records...

The only thing I'm after is the Bad Religion 7". (And the Gaslight 10", but I already ordered that)

Sucks things aren't gonna be ready in time, though.

same boat here... shitty part is ill be in england for my sisters wedding on record store day... want to try to pick me up a copy adam? have you confirmed that your local store is getting the BR 7"?

The only thing I'm after is the Bad Religion 7". (And the Gaslight 10", but I already ordered that)

Sucks things aren't gonna be ready in time, though.

same boat here... shitty part is ill be in england for my sisters wedding on record store day... want to try to pick me up a copy adam? have you confirmed that your local store is getting the BR 7"?

I haven't, as I'm unsure where I"ll be going. The Zia by me shut down a few months back, but they're (Zia) listed as a participating store, so I'll probably check a few of the stores out. Worse comes to worse I'll drive to Tempe and see if any of the record stores out there have them, which I believe are also listed as participants.

Regardless, I'll grab extras if any stores have them. I'm sure one or two international people on the nofxwiki wouldn't mind one. If I do get a spare, I'll ask you first, though.

Also wanted to mention, I would go to the record store day website, do a search and just give your local shops a call or shoot them an email and ask them. That's what I did and one of them is holding shit for me if I promise to come in that day. So yeah, do some footwork and you should be able to get everything you want, if not, maybe they'll order shit they didn't even think they could sell or that they even knew about...

I read all the releases on the website for this year. I've never participated... is this stuff free?

I'm just confused cause i noticed Mastodon's new one was on the list... why?

I've never either, I think its just a day that releases select vinyl to certain stores. And the one I am going to always has a really nice sale that day.