to iphone or not to iphone

SO i've wanted an iphone for forever (as i'm a huge apple fangirl, if you will) and i haven't been able to get one since i've been on my family's verizon plan since i've had a cell phone.

WELL my boyfriend just decided to switch from verizon to his parent's at&t plan so he could get an iphone (and pay less a month) because of a huge long story about him going back to school.

i am beyond jealous.

so the question is: do i stay on my family's verizon plan, paying $10 more a month to have 5000 out of network text messages and using a phone whose front keypad doesn't work (i'm currently on my 4th env2 cuz it keeps crapping out on me), OR switch to at&t, get my own plan cuz i'm a big girl, and pay $80 a month to have an iphone?

i'm still living at home (since i graduated from college in 07), but i'm trying to start cutting ties for when i actually move out and figured this would be a start. but it would also be good to save the extra money. but i want an iphone so bad. kajshdaksdjh

help me, oh wise VCers.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't you have to pay a ridiculous amount to cancel and switch to AT&T?

nope, cuz it'd just be my mom dropping a line on the family plan.

plus, they just raised the price of texting or something so for a limited time, you can opt out of your contract for free. or at least, that's what the bf told me last night.

Guest duhpunk

Iphone is incredible. My only suggestion is back everything up at least once every 2 weeks. I've been having to use my mom's computer because my motherboard fried, and then my phone froze up during update a couple weeks ago and i lost about 1/3 of my numbers because they weren't stored on the sim card.

google has a phone?

...apple or bust!

http://www.t-mobileg1.com/

Probably the second best phone you can get right now. Whenever they launch a new one it'll probably be very close if not better than the iPhone.

it looks nice!

but yeah, i'm a sucker for any and all apple products.

it's like an awful disease :[

Guest duhpunk

yeah, only cool if you're suited up and Barney Stinson. Iphone is way more fun.

No way. Barney is the "best damn laser tag player I've ever seen". There's no way he's hauling around a buttdialer.