Major labels continue to be fucking idiots

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine why big businesses are doing the things they are doing. Granted, I'm sure they know tons more about economics than me, as I've only taken micro and macro and read stuff in the news, but it goes against my gut feeling as good economic policy and as a decent human being to raise prices when people have less money than usual. It seems as though ever business is raising prices, and I don't really get it. I understand that in theory when you sell less, you raise the price to make up for lost profit, but clearly that is not working right now.

Whatever, I'd love to see iTunes and all of the titan record labels spiral into bankruptcy. Both of them serve no purpose other than cheapening the value of music.

I can't imagine why big businesses are doing the things they are doing. Granted, I'm sure they know tons more about economics than me, as I've only taken micro and macro and read stuff in the news, but it goes against my gut feeling as good economic policy and as a decent human being to raise prices when people have less money than usual. It seems as though ever business is raising prices, and I don't really get it. I understand that in theory when you sell less, you raise the price to make up for lost profit, but clearly that is not working right now.

Whatever, I'd love to see iTunes and all of the titan record labels spiral into bankruptcy. Both of them serve no purpose other than cheapening the value of music.

i would love to see who ever you work for spiral into bankruptcy.

It should be noted that this wasn't Apple's idea. Both they and Amazon (and apparently Wal Mart, who sells MP3s? What?) are giving in to pressure from the majors, who need to make as much money from every new pop star's single before their popularity fades. Apple announced that there would be more 69 cent songs than 1.29 songs, but I have not found many.

It should be noted that this wasn't Apple's idea. Both they and Amazon (and apparently Wal Mart, who sells MP3s? What?) are giving in to pressure from the majors, who need to make as much money from every new pop star's single before their popularity fades. Apple announced that there would be more 69 cent songs than 1.29 songs, but I have not found many.

Didn't find any .69 either. Every single band I put in was .99.

you gotta make money

The music industry will keep doing dumb shit until they go out of business, that is just the way they want to do things

Whats next, only releasing songs on download cards as a physical medium? CDS ARENT GREEN GUYS

This reminds me of the last time I was at Target. I was browsing the cds, and I found a rack of download cards for iTunes. It was for full album downloads specific to certain artists. I think they were $13 each, and right next to them they had the cd copies of the album for $10. Are people too stupid to realize they're getting ripped off, or too lazy to rip a cd to their computer?

The music industry will keep doing dumb shit until they go out of business, that is just the way they want to do things

Whats next, only releasing songs on download cards as a physical medium? CDS ARENT GREEN GUYS

This reminds me of the last time I was at Target. I was browsing the cds, and I found a rack of download cards for iTunes. It was for full album downloads specific to certain artists. I think they were $13 each, and right next to them they had the cd copies of the album for $10. Are people too stupid to realize they're getting ripped off, or too lazy to rip a cd to their computer?

or the fact that 9 times out of 10 when you see a download card its for the ITunes exclusive album , which has more content (bonus songs, videos, pictures, etc).

and if not it will still have the 9.99 price point.

The labels really don't get it.

A dollar, while a bit pricier than I'd pay for a download is the perfect amount for your average consumer. A $1.29 is an odd price, confusing, and more. My mom isn't a music nerd, she's an average "I listen to the radio and like what I listened to growing up (except disco, that sucks now)" type of mom. My mom buys all of her music on iTunes, unless she gets a random CD from a friend or the store and she doesn't like this $1.29 crap one bit.

I feel this is only going to encourage piracy more. The economy still sucks and now the music industry is raising the prices on consumers. I'm wondering how long it is until my mom asks me how to pirate music.

Seriously, why so defensive of iTunes? I don't know why anyone would buy a full length album on iTunes, especially when it's being sold right next to the physical product. Even if it does have bonus songs (usually live or demos or stuff that shows up later somewhere else), videos (that are on youtube) or pictures (what? who cares?). Also, they do cost more.

Seriously, why so defensive of iTunes? I don't know why anyone would buy a full length album on iTunes, especially when it's being sold right next to the physical product. Even if it does have bonus songs (usually live or demos or stuff that shows up later somewhere else), videos (that are on youtube) or pictures (what? who cares?). Also, they do cost more.

Thanks dickweed. I just clicked that link and now my computer is opening up iTunes to look at an album I have no interest in buying. You sir, are a dickweed! I actually just haven't used that phrase in a while.

Whatever they need to do to make money on their hit songs is up to them. I for one don't really have any intention of buying singles or songs (in my opinion if you can't make a full album of songs, then you're not worthy of my money for 1 of them). Therefore this doesn't affect me, and the majority of you. I would hate to see iTunes go under because of this though, since I still will purchase a full digital album if I can't find it on vinyl and/or don't want to wait for a physical release.