gentlemanly advice

Okay, so my boyfriend and I had one of those huge talks where crying is involved and it ends with "if things don't change, we can't stay together".

This whole situation is mostly my fault. I admit to that and feel terrible about it. But, our talk did end on a good note, and I feel better about us than I have in years, so my question to you gentleman is this;

what would be the best thing your lady or a lady could do to you after a shitty couple months? Nothing sexual please, I have that covered.

So far I have:

a bottle of jameson

a joint

a deserted horse riding park

a blanket

the entire night

help a bitch out.

Guest kylewilliam

i would say the best thing to do is not take it over the top, let things get back to a normal pace and start a trend of treating eachother better. like what loki said, small things.

personally, just a sincere apology and the promise that things will change is good enough.

My GF and I had this huge argument after we moved in together. We were hanging out with a friend of mine from out of town. We were all having a great time, until he left to go back to his hotel. We sat down at a bar and she just got raging mad at me out of the blue.. seriously out of the blue. Basically she felt I didn't love her any more and things of that nature. None of it was true. The whole relationship almost ended right there and then. Part of me was seriously about to just let her walk, but I pursued her and tried to calm her down to get to the root of it all. The next morning she was really apologetic, but I really didn't want anything to do with her at that point. I went out for the day to clear my head and get shit straight, and when I came home we just talked, she apologized again and we worked everything out. Just knowing that we came out of that stronger than before was more than enough for me.

I don't really think that you need to get your man anything, but if you feel you must, I would suggest just taking him out to a nice dinner and showing him how much you love him.

i wish i could text him. he doesn't have it :(

then write him a nice note or something and put it in his bag before he goes off to work/school. nothing extravagent (unless you're feeling extra committed), just something nice and sweet to let him know you're serious about making this work.

also, like the other guys are saying, don't try too hard. it's a possibility that he doesn't want to be smothered with kindness from somebody he's still slightly mad at, but it's also a possibility that he'll become desensitized to all these things if you do them really often for the next couple weeks. then, in a month or so if/when you stop doing them all so often, he'll be like "uh, what the fuck happened to you treating me better?" and you'll be back at square one.

just be natural about it.

i wish i could text him. he doesn't have it :(

then write him a nice note or something and put it in his bag before he goes off to work/school. nothing extravagent (unless you're feeling extra committed), just something nice and sweet to let him know you're serious about making this work.

also, like the other guys are saying, don't try too hard. it's a possibility that he doesn't want to be smothered with kindness from somebody he's still slightly mad at, but it's also a possibility that he'll become desensitized to all these things if you do them really often for the next couple weeks. then, in a month or so if/when you stop doing them all so often, he'll be like "uh, what the fuck happened to you treating me better?" and you'll be back at square one.

just be natural about it.

thats a good suggestion

- send him random text messages for the next few days/weeks telling him you're thinking about him/how much you care about him

- cook him a nice meal

i would think the 1st one would be overcompensating, don't you think? almost trying to cover stuff up with being nice.

I'd do what loki said. the little things are what show. no need to go out of your way. trying to make up for everything. the way to do that is by doing the little things. overcompensating gets annoying. well maybe not too everyone, but to a good chunk of guys it does.

I pretty much agree with everything that's already been said, and me and my ex girlfriend were in a situation like this, unfortunately it ended with me moving out and back home to Pennsylvania. With that said...

- Definitely be genuine. There is no worse feeling in my eyes than thinking you are being treated well because the other party has to wake up in the morning and put forth an enormous effort to be nice. It feels like you are getting treated nicely out of pity.

- I LOVE waking up to nice little notes in the morning like Dan said.

It really is the little things that count the most. Don't lay it on too thick like everyone has already said. You have to want to do these things on your own in order for things to work. I guess I don't have much else to add than what has already been said, nice work guys.

the reason little things work is it takes the persons mind off the shit surrounding life. if they get home and the house is clean and the bed is made all there is to do around the house is hang out, screw, and play games. I am a fan of all three. When I want to have a night like that I just do the dishes before the lady gets home. Always works.