Woody Allen v. American Apparel

It's such a ridiculous position for American Apparel to take, given that Dov Charney (the founder/CEO of AA) has had a whole bunch of his own issues with sexual harassment and so forth. He's as pervy as they come, so for his company to pull this shit reeks of absolute hypocrisy.

I hope American Apparel loses this, but that being said, I do own some American Apparel clothing. The main reason is that their labour standards are extremely impressive (no outsourcing, workers are paid a living wage and access to a cheap health plan, etc), although Dov has stated this was purely a business decision and had nothing to do with moral or ethical considerations. Still, I like the peace of mind of buying their clothes. Also, I find AA clothing fits smaller individuals such as myself much better than almost any other brand.

Also, something to note. It doesn't make any sense that out of all people in the world, they chose Woody Allen for their advertisement, and then they say, "after the various sex scandals that Woody Allen has been associated with, corporate America's desire to have Woody Allen endorse their product is not what he may believe it is."

You can't have your cake and eat it too, American Apparel.

I think their shirts suck and are way overpriced. I have a couple of band shirts on AA that I bought because I really liked the design, but I would never buy one otherwise.

Oh, I only own their stuff via band merch. I would never just go to the store and buy a plain one, between the price and the judgmental looks from v-neck wearing employees it isn't worth it.

american apparel is a joke. Dov Charney is a douche bag to the greatest degree. dudes a jerkkkk.

I'm not saying Woody Allen hasn't done things that aren't questionable, but he didn't seem to make a career out of it.

other reasons i hate american apparel

1. ridiculously overpriced

2. stupid employees

3. mostly stupid consumers

4. dov charney again

5. ad campaigns

6. everything else.

Guest drahtuos

great article, thanks for posting it.

i love woody allen and dov charney/american apparel tshirts!

those guys are like two of my biggest heroes, glad to know they're fighting.