Official Record Store Day "What I got!" thread

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought all of the Bad Religion 7" were on color. mine was just on black any pressing info??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Religion_(EP)

It's out of 1,000 according to wikipedia, but that's the only site on which I could find an actual number, let alone a variant breakdown, so I don't know how accurate it is.

My copy's on white and I'd like to know this info as well.

Got:

Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique remaster

Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous

George Carlin - FM AM

Planes Mistaken For Stars - We Ride to Fight!

None of the record stores (all one of them) here had any of the 7in records I wanted, but a friend of mine might have gotten me the Sonic Youth/Jay Reatard one, so hopefully I at least got that.

went today since i worked all day yesterday and there was still a bunch of stuff. i got:

Bad Religion 7" (white)

Bob Dylan - Dreaming of You

Heaven and Hell - Bible Black

Obits - I Can't Lose b/w Military Madness

Tom Waits Live

besides heaven and hell these were basically just random purchases but i enjoy most of them

went today since i worked all day yesterday and there was still a bunch of stuff. i got:

Bad Religion 7" (white)

Bob Dylan - Dreaming of You

Heaven and Hell - Bible Black

Obits - I Can't Lose b/w Military Madness

Tom Waits Live

besides heaven and hell these were basically just random purchases but i enjoy most of them

since my first random purchase of leftovers turned out pretty well and its raining outside i decided to go pick up some more stuff they had left. i went a little over board but i like basically everything i picked up even though most of it isn't my normal style

Blitzen Trapper

Camera Obscura - French Navy

The Decemberists - The Rake's Song

Jay Reatard / Sonic Youth split

The Smiths

The Thermals / Thao split

Vetiver

Silversun Pickups - Pikul

and also got Jenny Lewis - The Next Messiah for free. this ended up being a really cool way to check out some new music for me. i just wish i could have made it out yesterday so i could have grabbed that slayer 7"

just for fun i decided to pick up all the sub pop 7"'s. My girlfriend has been trying to get me into Blitzen Trapper, and we're both fans of FOTC. The BT one was pretty good, and i enjoyed the vetever 7" as well. I may or may not try to get some more of their tunes. wasn't much into obits at all.

oh well 3/4. not bad. i hope they do some again next year. they make a pretty rad set.

So I went into Generation tonight around 9 after drinking some hot sake next door not really expecting to find anything. The guy told me that they took the Cursive 10" and the Silversun 12" off the board and then discovered one of each while cleaning up... He said if I didn't buy them than he would have. I'm so stoked.

Guest markovianprocess

Okay if my online orders come through, I'll have copies of these:

Bad Religion S/T 7'' (Pink) I'll have two copies of this, not sure what the other colour will be.

The Smiths 7''

MC5 7''

Sublime 7''

Flight Of The Conchords 7''

That was pretty much all I wanted really so I'm quite happy.

Have the numbers for Bad Religion colour been posted yet? I know there's meant to be about 1000 in total.

I spent way too much money. I'm still missing the thermals split and the Grizzly Bear 7". I was in California and I'm back home now so I will hit up my local shop to see if there are any leftovers. I waited in line at Rhino Records. The Bad Religion EP went fast. I'm glad I was able to get one.

Even though I got everything I wanted aside from the Sonic Youth / Beck split (which was sold out) I think my favorite part of the day was randomly finding Maritime's "The Glass Floor" on vinyl. It's weird too because I was just at the same record store last week and they didn't have it then, but they did on Saturday.