That Chung King on ebay

6 days left and already at 2 grand. Good lawd! Think it will reach the 5k mark?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Judge-Chung-King-Can-Suck-It-LP-65-110-Youth-of-Today_W0QQitemZ130301284260QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item130301284260&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Guest adam526
How has noone pointed this out?

"I have had this thing for I'd say about 5 years, and now the time has come to sell it as the apocalypse will soon be upon us and I need to buy guns to shoot the zombies with."

Pretty sure he's joking. What he's not joking about is that he hasn't played it.

I'd rather have the listing have some tongue-in-cheek humor than nothing at all. At least he's forthcoming on its condition. Plus I don't think it would be really anyone's business to know the real circumstances on why he's selling it.

When people write up a whole sob story on why they HAVE to sell their stuff, it's another tactic to get the pity bid...granted, some people do come across shitty situations that force them to sell their records (as it happened to me w/ my brother's hospitalizaion and med bills aftewards) but no need to open up your life to eBayers and complete strangers.

So to wrap up...humor = good...personal business = questionable

Is this record any good? Or has the mystique/value of it far surpassed the actual music it contains?

Just curious. I've never heard it.

I've never heard it, but isn't the whole deal with the recording that they gave it to people who preordered their album because the recording came out so terrible?

so, Is this release kind of like the Against Me S/T? Meaning it's valuable to collectors but it sounds like crap?

yeah...not so much o the bad sound as much as it sounds like wanky 80' hair metal because the guy that what the producer thought they wanted. its really not good and very far inferior to the Bringin' It Down LP which is the album re-recorded and how it was ultimately properly released.

Is this record any good? Or has the mystique/value of it far surpassed the actual music it contains?

Just curious. I've never heard it.

I believe the music is part of the offical Judge discography the Revelation put out. But folks want the record.

I can understand wanting the record. I didn't even know the songs were available elsewhere.

I know enough of the history of the record...but what I'd like know is what warrants the sky-high value of it. I am curious that's all. I've seen records that are much more limited got for a lot less.

I'd love to hear from people who own it...I am sure their perspective would be more of what I want to hear about.

I guess from my point of view it kind of goes like this:

The coolest hardcore label back in the day decide to release a limited record to make back some money they lost when the recording session at Chung King studio gets scratched.

First we are going to only press 110 of them (originally 100 planned). Next we are going to hold on to 10 of them - just because. Next we are only going to give them out to the cool kids who are in the band, friends of the band, friends of the label or select cool guys from the NYHC scene.

That leaves a few for people who mailorder regularily (back in the day before the internet when it required work) to land a few.

Now we are going to track who has them.

Years later, anyone who is lucky enough to score one not only lists what number they have but also states who the band member/scene guy they got it from.

Repeat over the next decade and voila - the legend grows.

Now if this story isn't the ultimate in "fuck you, you can't have one" I don't know what is.