guy bets he can withstand waterboarding for 15 sec

since all those torture memos were released, i figured it'd be interesting to actually see someone get waterboarded (in a controlled environment), their reaction, and how long someone can withstand it for (since 2 suspects got it over 250 times according to reports).

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1579920046?bctid=20047560001

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sean Hannity is supposedly getting water boarded on sunday for charity.

what channel??? i wanna see that douchebag get water boarded

I'm not sure. I was just watching an interview he was doing where some guy called him out for not qualifying water boarding as torture, and Hannity said he'd get water boarded for charity. I can't find the original video, but the clip is in this Olbermann video.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/30377447#30377447

wow that guy was really shaken afterwards...i guess i would be too though...interesting vid

yeah, and he was in a controlled environment. could you imagine how many times worse it would be if you were actually a prisoner? fucking insane.

absolutely, i read in the news yesterday that two detainees suspected of involvement in 9/11 were subjected to this something like 266 times between them during their time in guantanamo. How anyone can deny this is torture is beyond me.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':m087fxvs]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':m087fxvs]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I think it's unfair to act like this is such a cut and dried issue. I'm not convinced torturing people always gets you the best information but I'm also not going to monday morning quarterback a bunch of experienced counter terrorism experts. And I'm not talking about assholes like Dick Cheney. War is terrible for sure, and things get very sketchy when you have a huge organized military fighting a disorganized pack of psychos from all over the world. I hear a lot of criticism (much of it fair) of the U.S. methods but I've never heard one single idea of how to deal with terrorism any other way. Let's face it, these aren't Black Blok protestors throwing rocks at the local Starbucks.

I think it's unfair to act like this is such a cut and dried issue. I'm not convinced torturing people always gets you the best information but I'm also not going to monday morning quarterback a bunch of experienced counter terrorism experts. And I'm not talking about assholes like Dick Cheney. War is terrible for sure, and things get very sketchy when you have a huge organized military fighting a disorganized pack of psychos from all over the world. I hear a lot of criticism (much of it fair) of the U.S. methods but I've never heard one single idea of how to deal with terrorism any other way. Let's face it, these aren't Black Blok protestors throwing rocks at the local Starbucks.

I agree that the people we face are extremely dangerous and attempts need to be made to stop them of course, the problem for me is that the US along with various other countries have outlawed these methods and then been caught using them.

They're responsible for thousands of troops stationed in the countries these terrorists came from, any of whom could be captured and tortured. If that happened, who are they to square up to any of these countries and accuse them of torture when they've shown they can't even follow their own rules when it comes to what is and what isn't considered torture, it just seems highly irresponsible, if i was one of these soldiers i'd be shit scared what i may face if i was captured now my superiors have been caught using methods they themselves outlawed.

I agree that the people we face are extremely dangerous and attempts need to be made to stop them of course, the problem for me is that the US along with various other countries have outlawed these methods and then been caught using them.

They're responsible for thousands of troops stationed in the countries these terrorists came from, any of whom could be captured and tortured. If that happened, who are they to square up to any of these countries and accuse them of torture when they've shown they can't even follow their own rules when it comes to what is and what isn't considered torture, it just seems highly irresponsible, if i was one of these soldiers i'd be shit scared what i may face if i was captured now my superiors have been caught using methods they themselves outlawed.

that was a really good sum up

i thought we were supposed to above torture, we are america right? and ya, all the idiots screaming that we are putting soldiers lifes in danger by bringing this up are probably right, dont be suprised if you see youtube videos of americans in iraq getting waterboarded 266 times for "vital" information. shits fucking stupid.

here is my example..

i know a guy who served in the first gulf war and was special ops. he has told me stories that would make peoples head spin, movie type recon shit. when he was in training, he was waterboarded, even though he was told if he was caught he would most likely be beaten first for a few weeks and under nurished as this is the proper procedure for waterboarding. here is the best part.. he was told that him being waterboarded was to get him ready in case he were tortured by the enemy! meaning, WATERBOARDING IS TORTURE! what he said about the experience was that even though there was no actual pain inflicted and that he was not actually drowning, he felt like his body was being suffocated and it felt as real as someone putting a bag over your head so you will stop breathing.

THATS FUCKING TORTURE, physical or not. if your brain is convinced your drowning, chances are you will think you are drowning.