Photos of Alkaline Trio Goddamint (explanation)

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

[image]

Alright friends, I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of chatter about the redux of Alkaline Trio's "Goddamnit". I had originally posted that there were 6 colors (500 each) including an exclusive vinyl collective color and an exclusive blood pact color. Most of that is true, but there are actually 8 colors (500 each) including the 2 exclusives. The 2 colors you may not already know about are being sent directly to Lumberjack who will be selling copies to their various outlets. I am working on getting the 2 colors we were previously unable to get in stock so wish me luck.

And to create a little more confusion, our vinyl collective exclusive color is now the Yellow / Purple/Red half and half w/ black splatter. Originally we were going for Red with Black smoke which is what was voted upon on our message board. When that would not work, we asked if they could do another color option that I cannot remember now and when it was all said and done, the pressing plant pressed a solid red color. I just figured to go from red with black smoke to red, some of you might be disappointed. Skylar was cool enough to swap out the red for the Yellow / Purple/Red half and half w/ black splatter. Hope too many people are not bummed on that. I am very sorry about the confusion.

If you are looking to complete your set with the 2 other colors, I am not sure the best approach. I will have a word soon from lumberjack if we can get those 2 other colors and hopefully we can. Either way, we will have them next week and will send them your way. Thanks Asian Man for giving us an exclusive color. We really appreciate it.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to break it down

(for those of you keeping track)

VC Exclusive - Red/Yellow w/ Black Splatter

BP Exclusive - Red w/ Black Splatter

Regular 1 - White

Regular 2 - Sky Blue

Regular 3 - Red/Black Split

Regular 4 - Clear w/ Red Splatter

New Color 1 - Solid Red

New Color 2 - Yellow/Green w/ White Splatter

no, not at all. it's just odd that -- considering they gave out so much information when it first came up, especially about the 3,000 pressing info -- that it went up to 4,000. i just think it's odd, though probably a good move for them.

I'm not suprised. They sold 3,000 online in the pre-order and probably needed some for sale in stores. Now we all get to track those copies down.

so did asian man just not tell anyone they were pressing an extra thousand?

Our distributor initially asked us to send them 1,000 records for stores. We were going to give them the remainder of the preorders, but it pretty quickly became clear that these were going to sell out, so Mike ordered another 1,000. We didn't announce it because, well, surprise!

The plan is to send all 500 red and all 500 green/yellow to the distributor, so you will have to look for them in stores.

Psyched to finally get this, but this is really all about gouging when you specifically have 8 colors of a release coming out. No Idea has 20 different colors sometimes, but I beleive they order "mixed vinyl" from the plant, so they are never 100% sure ahead of time how many colors they are getting, and in what quantities. But this is really overkill.