Nine Inch Nails "Ghosts I-IV" 4xLP out April 8

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still waiting on mine....

EDIT: just check my shipment, guess what guys who are also still waiting....

*from my tracking request*

Label/Receipt Number: XXXXXX

Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

awesome. simply awesome.

Yeah, mine is on the way as well, I just hope I don't suffer the same fate as the previous poster and wind up with a banged up package and bent corners for my vinyl.

I didn't want to put too much faith in bestbuy's ability to ship vinyl properly, so I ended up picking up a copy at Ameoba over the weekend.

But yes, hopefully the packaging will not be fucked up.

I received my Best Buy package today and I decided to photograph everything in case anyone is still on the fence about ordering this:

I was skeptical, however, everything came to me in great shape! It was packaged decently and considering it was on "back-order", I still received it only 8 days after it's first day of release.

Pictures:

[image]

This is the way it arrived. Still not opened. Good sturdy cardboard LP mailer, thick as well.

[image]

Here's another to show how thick the actual mailer is.

[image]

Here's the package when I first opened it.

[image]

Here's the package with the cover. No creases, bent corners, etc. I really lucked out!

[image]

Here's the back cover; no problems once again.

[image]

The gatefold/interior art.

[image]

Here's a picture of Side 1A's label.

Overall, this is an amazing deal. I'm sorry if yours didn't arrive in such great shape. I'm finishing up the 2nd record out of 4 now and the quality is exactly what you'd expect.

Hope this helps!

Just a little side note on this whole release.

i just received an email on 4/15 from NIN saying my 2CD of Ghosts has shipped and i should expect it within 10-14 business days - so 2-3 weeks in real time. My local HMV (which is the UKs largest music chain) has copies on the shelf, available now, cheaper than what i paid for the pre-order.

Coupled with the ridiculous international 'surcharge' NIN added to its deluxe versions of Ghosts, i find it pretty fucking terrible that a NIN fan, who paid more for the pre-order, kind-of expecting it to arrive at or near the on-sale date, has to wait 2-3 weeks from now for the CD.

Granted, I bought the 4LP from a UK distro and got it 4 days before the official street date, but that just re-affirms the fact that NIN cares more for its large, business customers than its loyal fans.

I was really pissed that i couldnt get the Deluxe CD version because of the unbelievable surcharge but this new development takes the cake.

Lesson learnt - dont deal with money hungry corporate scum like Trent Reznor directly - go with local distros.

I wish he would read this but he dont give a shit about his fans, so i'm sure he wont be going near this board.

I know most bands when they get big do this, i just always thought Trent wouldnt sell-out to the major leagues.. me proved wrong again.

rant over.

how many boris threads have you posted in the last couple of weeks?

anyway, the shipping surcharge pissed me off as well, but i knew that there was nothing i could do about that and if i wanted the deluxe edition, i'd have to pay it. as for the regular cd business, i knew it would be in stores day of for half the price the day it went up for sale and that i wouldn't have to wait for it to be shipped to me, i got it for 12.99 just like every other nin cd that's been released in the last 5 years.

how many boris threads have you posted in the last couple of weeks?

haha :D

yeah i know man, WAY too many. just wanted to keep everyone up to speed with all things Boris. should probably cut back....

as far as NIN goes, yep, i should've done exactly what you did. will from now on. i'll only pre-order when its vinyl and ultra limited.

but should we have to pay extortionate shipping charges? obviously, if you want a copy, then yeah you'll have to pay, but if peeps refused to pay these damn over-the-top charges, then maybe the sellers might stop doing it. it just sucks that we, as consumers and fans, are expected to pay above the odds, especially when these bands get big on the back of our fanatical support. seems like the real fans are the ones that cop the shit the most.

i hear ya man. it's shitty but unfortunately it won't ever work. because if you don't buy it, someone else will and sell it to you for twice as much. if it was any band other than nin, i probably wouldn't have bought the deluxe edition. i would have said "fuck you guys" and been happy with the regular one, but i know it'll be top quality so i'm content with that and the regular vinyl edition.

i hear ya man. it's shitty but unfortunately it won't ever work. because if you don't buy it, someone else will and sell it to you for twice as much. if it was any band other than nin, i probably wouldn't have bought the deluxe edition. i would have said "fuck you guys" and been happy with the regular one, but i know it'll be top quality so i'm content with that and the regular vinyl edition.

:sigh: all true my man, all true

i really REALLY wanted one of those deluxe jobs too. i'll be happy with the 4LP and the regular CD version coz i aint got a choice - and they are by no means bad at all, but that deluxe job is so SO pretty. and like you say, it was NIN so my mouse was hovering over the Checkout button for a long, LOOOOOONG time.

:sigh: all true my man, all true

i really REALLY wanted one of those deluxe jobs too. i'll be happy with the 4LP and the regular CD version coz i aint got a choice - and they are by no means bad at all, but that deluxe job is so SO pretty. and like you say, it was NIN so my mouse was hovering over the Checkout button for a long, LOOOOOONG time.

i spent about two hours trying to justify it to myself, but in the end said fuck it.