Details re: the Vinyl Collective Cooperative label

Guest admin1338560633

Guest baseball

But you'd take a month to send out your groups nominations!

We'd have to start a 'Terrible Boardmembers' thread!

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn. Cold, man, cold.

When you stop lobbing out beachballs, I'll stop driving them to the gap.

:-*

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chassit
Nickman just likes to stir up shit because he can.

He didn't even start that thread, I did. And I started it as a discussion to see what people thought. Half the shit talking in that thread is from VC members... sooo....

i like all the "a label shouldnt be run that way" comments.

old style models are all collapsing around us.

why wouldn't a collective with a group of people with all kinds of scene experience, as well as jobs in the industry, labels, bands, production companies etc staffing it...not be a great way to run a label? shit will be banging.

Nickman just likes to stir up shit because he can.

He didn't even start that thread, I did. And I started it as a discussion to see what people thought. Half the shit talking in that thread is from VC members... sooo....

If you're so concerned with Virgil's business practices, maybe you shouldn't sell your records through him.

why wouldn't a collective with a group of people with all kinds of scene experience, as well as jobs in the industry, labels, bands, production companies etc staffing it...not be a great way to run a label? shit will be banging.

Backed 100%

Guest chassit

If you're so concerned with Virgil's business practices, maybe you shouldn't sell your records through him.

I don't ask him too, he chooses to purchase my records from my distributor.

Backed!

I think this is an excelent idea. It also gives people who want to get into the industry who don't have the experiance and/or money to get their feet wet.

Going to have to agree with that.

It seems like everyone who is interested in this is die-hard for the cause which may make for a VERY interesting label/imprint. I forsee great things (and a fair amount of bickering).

Guest chassit

I'm not doing it to talk shit, just voice my opinion which I have every right in the world to do. I knew it meant you all attacking me about it, but that isn't a concern of mine. It's my honest opinion, I stated it, the end. You can all furiously hit my smite button now.

yeah i dont understand the assumption that virgil will be pocketing 5k on this.... it will cost about 5k or so to press two records. its pretty much more of an experiment than anything.

I'm just tired of dudes thinking they're better than those of us who choose to post more here than anywhere else. That's the part that bugs me. I'd say that the majority of the people who post on DF and not here on any kind of regular basis have this air of self-importance and/or credibility that just reeks of pretentiousness. It's gross.

You're also seeing a much more varied collection of people on that board. I think that this community is a little more cohesive in its tastes and opinions. Mind you, I think that both boards are good, I personally prefer this one. People just seem to be, for lack of a better word, cooler.

BACK ON TOPIC.