Details re: the Vinyl Collective Cooperative label

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very intriguing and creative idea, I am impressed. I would love to be a part of something like this but I suspect the music choices will not be what I enjoy and that wouldn't be fair to other people who actually like the bands that will end up on this. Unless you decide who the band will be first, then allow people to decide if they wish to be part of that specific record.

Good luck with this Virgil, I will be watching this process closely.

virgil should set up a private forum, viewable only by shareholders on the vc board... its enough to do.. we have a similar set up for local booking agents on our board so we know what people are working on so we dont book competing shows.

i also think multiple shares is totally kosher.. i mean if you want more influence in the voting.. multiple shares is the way to go.

virgil should set up a private forum, viewable only by shareholders on the vc board... its enough to do.. we have a similar set up for local booking agents on our board so we know what people are working on so we dont book competing shows.

i also think multiple shares is totally kosher.. i mean if you want more influence in the voting.. multiple shares is the way to go.

I agree with this!

Also, assuming a single share doesn't breach $65, I'm willing to buy 2-3 shares for forum members who maybe can't afford $65 upfront. We can work details out later.

Back to the topic on hand...FUCK YEAH!

Guest Admin
I'm interested, though I have a feeling I probably wouldn't be all that into most of the records that get pressed. Any chance you would be willing to work directly with someone to release a particular record?

what do you mean?

Guest Admin

Wow, I am stoked that everyone is pumped about the idea. I had a few further thoughts:

1. a private forum vs posting things publicly - one concern I have about having everything posted on a private forum is that it excludes the people who might not have gotten the shares in time. I really don't want the cooperative label to create a perceived class system which would make non-shareholders feel out of the loop. I pride our message board and VC on including everyone in on what is going on. That said, there will have to be a private way to nominate and vote, but the discussions leading up to this could be talked about on our message board.

2. Multiple shares - I am also concerned that if people buy 2 to 4 shares, this will exclude even more people from being involved. My original thought was 100 shares and from the initial enthusiasm, I think those will go quick. If there were only 50 shareholders with multiple shares, it would exclude a lot of people.

thoughts?