Details re: the Vinyl Collective Cooperative label

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not doing it to talk shit, just voice my opinion which I have every right in the world to do. I knew it meant you all attacking me about it, but that isn't a concern of mine. It's my honest opinion, I stated it, the end. You can all furiously hit my smite button now.

I want to get back on topic but first I'd like you to explain why your negative opinion has to be voiced at all? Its not going to change what we all do with this collective. All it does it add more negativity to things for no good reason. So, why do you have to share your only negative opinion, you're not adding anything?

I'm not doing it to talk shit, just voice my opinion which I have every right in the world to do. I knew it meant you all attacking me about it, but that isn't a concern of mine. It's my honest opinion, I stated it, the end. You can all furiously hit my smite button now.

I want to get back on topic but first I'd like you to explain why your negative opinion has to be voiced at all? Its not going to change what we all do with this collective. All it does it add more negativity to things for no good reason. So, why do you have to share your only negative opinion, you're not adding anything?

I think there's a difference between a negative opinion and constructive criticism that very few people can understand.

His negative opinion was voiced on not only a completely separate thread, but a different message board entirely. If you believe that alternative opinions that aren't necessarily the same as yours shouldn't be expressed, even on a DIFFERENT MESSAGE BOARD, then you don't believe in freedom of speech and that's pretty sad. It was Ronniethebear who chose to link that in the first place. Adam was considerate and respectful enough to voice his opinion elsewhere and it's bullshit for you guys to attack him for it. If anything, he's opening the whole thing up for debate rather than blind acceptance, which should be encouraged.

My personal opinion on the matter is that you guys can do whatever you'd like with your money. If you like this business model and want to support it, then that's great. But, you should think more critically about the whole thing before doing so. That is all.

Guest chassit

So you're saying I should have to justify my right to speak my mind? I am a firm believer in the fact that people can express their opinion whether it's favorable or not. Did I say it's a terrible idea and it will never work? No. I said I don't think it's the right way to go about doing things, I'm not a fan. Whether my opinion is positive or negative is quite irrelevant. I have the right to post it anyway.

Actually the fact that I posted it on DF and not here further proves that It wasn't my intention to start shit. Everyone here is into the idea, supportive, which is great for the VC community. So I didn't want to bring the party down here. There was no discussion on DF yet, so I took it there. It was your own members that brought that thread into this one and made drama out of what was, again, an opinion stated honestly.

Take that how you will.

I think there's a difference between a negative opinion and constructive criticism that very few people can understand.

If its constructive and not just negative then why not voice it here, in this actual thread. Eh, you know, whatever, do what you want. I personally think you're way off the mark since the entire music industry is in the shit can but that's just me. Keep on keeping on in the way that's falling flat on its old payola face.

I was never attacking Adam personally by linking to that thread, I just thought it amusing that a lot of the people over there like to scrutinize everything we do and rag on us for it. Let me reiterate: I WAS NOT REFERRING TO YOU/SINGLING YOU OUT, ADAM.

Also, what a lot of people don't seem to understand is that this whole "shareholder label" thing is aside from Virgil's normal VC label stuff. This is more of a separate, "for the people" type thing, not a new Vinyl Collective business model.

I doubt any of the stuff I'd like to see pressed will happen, but you know what? I'm okay with that because this is a cool idea that lets everyone be involved, and that's awesome.

i pretty much agree.....but the honor system single file and rise and run will be pressed one day if i have to pay for it myself, it will happen