Details re: the Vinyl Collective Cooperative label

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would the shareholders get the rarest release for free?

yep. the way it looks to work is this.

you buy a share. you're gauranteed 2 records for this share. (ie the rarest colors of the first two releases)

if said releases sell well enough to recoup and thensome... the collective votes again and selects another record to release..

shareholders all get the rarest color of that and any subsequent records pressed.

so basically.. if you select good albums to release, and help promote them.. you get more and more rare records.. and judging by the stuff that virgil has already been scoring licensing rights for... could be some really hot releases

Guest baseball

Fuckin' stoked. I am so in on this.

It's not that huge a deal to me if the records pressed aren't my top choices, this is just going to be FUN.

i love this idea. i'd also be very interested to know a few more of the ins-and-outs of the process of getting said record(s) pressed (ie: pressing plant info, turnaround times, artwork specs, legal mumbo jumbo, etc). i think that'd definitely raise the "collective" concept to go beyond just investing. i'm always interested to know more about the business side of things.

i love this idea. i'd also be very interested to know a few more of the ins-and-outs of the process of getting said record(s) pressed (ie: pressing plant info, turnaround times, artwork specs, legal mumbo jumbo, etc). i think that'd definitely raise the "collective" concept to go beyond just investing. i'm always interested to know more about the business side of things.

what i would suggest is that you create a portal/wiki/separate portion of this messageboard for shareholders that goes into detail about the record making process/pressing plants/etc as well updates you on the status of ongoing and upcoming projects, that way each one of you can have access to information on a continual basis.

this will all be announced in due time.

Am definitely looking forward to this, but am worried (like some others) that the shares will sell out VERY quickly - This would be exacerbated if people bought more than one share (e.g. to flip to others who missed out!)...To stop this, will you be imposing a one share per person limit?

A double-edged sword: You want to raise as much money as possible to cover costs, but you also don't want unscrupulous people profiting off of other VC users....

(sorry about that...anxious rant over!)

B

I don't know if this has already been brought up - but I think that

*) It'd be a good idea to allow multiple shares

*) Maybe limit it to 2-4 shares however?

I was thinking that you could make the shares "non-transferable" but I mean, what keeps people from just mailing them out in a trade or anything - ya know?

HOWEVER - I've already decided if I'm allowed to acquire multiple shares, I'd be giving away the extra records to forum'bros.