PreOrder: Paint it Black - New Lexicon 2nd Press!

- No, know-it-alls..... The blue/green swirl isn't "really" part of a 2nd press or vice versa. The 1st pressing was done in December/January, as listed in our discography. And now I'm doing a repress of 500 GREEN, 1000 BLUE. "Funny that they match, weird coincidence?" Yeah, "weird". Because I'm a vinyl nerd and try to match my vinyl colors with layouts at all times. So yeah, it all matches.

Never claimed to know it all, just throwing a theory out there. Thanks for the truth.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest genericinsight
I understand being upset if the cover is bent and creased but over all i dont think i have been really upset over a minor ding or split seem on an insert. Maybe im not as big of a vinyl nerd as some, but its no reason to get upset.

I agree and I've also said the same thing a couple times. I don't have a problem with the people who are super anal about this, it's just not that important to me.

i think the solid colors really match the layout of this LP. the black kicks ass in my opinion. i was a little bummed about it for a second, but it does feel cooler getting one of the more limited versions, and it just matches the layout so nicely. that does suck about the inserts splitting up though, i have a few LPs like that, and insert sleeves always end up splitting at least a little with me.

when i started collecting, it used to bother me a lot. now, as long as the record sounds fine, whatever. it could be missing a cover completely and i wouldn't be mad.

weren't you bitching about seam splits earlier in this thread?

i guess it really depends. good catch. i'm still not even sure how i feel about it then, hah.

i guess seam splits from labels bothers me. but i realized that i never really order from distros that are packaging 1000+ records. usually the ones i order from are small scale, so they have time to package them well. if i get them from people, it's hit or miss. but usually if i'm buying it from someone, it's OOP and something i just really want to listen to, so it wouldn't really matter.

i guess seam splits from labels bothers me. but i realized that i never really order from distros that are packaging 1000+ records. usually the ones i order from are small scale, so they have time to package them well. if i get them from people, it's hit or miss. but usually if i'm buying it from someone, it's OOP and something i just really want to listen to, so it wouldn't really matter.

haha, took a few minutes to think about it?

cool dude, you found my myspace, i could careless, just like you said you could careless what we think about your label, why are you responding to it? im just stating what happened and what i read about your label. thanks for taking the time to find my myspace :)

Hey young buck, I think the saying is "supposably": "I COULDN'T care less". See, the way the saying goes, you're implying you COULD NOT care less about something, as if, you care NOTHING about it already (i.e. literally impossible for you to care less). So... since you "COULD careless" (note: your one word use 'careless' hahahhaa), you're implying you kinda DO care, since you COULD care less (i.e. it's possible for you to care less).

See how that saying works - and also - how it DOESN'T work if used improperly, and you end up implying the exact opposite of what you meant to say? Funny how not bein learned good can do that to ya. Sorry - was that too much for you?

BTW, incredible - you really DID use the "just sayin'" argument that I already referred to in my earlier post(s). hahahahhahaha. You're "Just sayin" what you heard/feel/think, and I'm "just respondin" to what you CLAIM to have "read about my label".

So you're "just stating what happened" and "what you read about my label" huh? Cool - so when did it happen that I stopped doing my label and when did it happen that PIB was the last release? Where did you read that, again?

.......still "just sayin".

Kyle

("supposably" done now).

My main complaint was the split inner sleeve and the lack of a poly bag. Dude from rivalry said he was against the printed sleeve, so I can't be like, "You should have told PIB to fuck themselves and done a plain sleeve". He also said he was polybagging future orders. That's all my complains, so I'd say it went well for me.

cool dude, you found my myspace, i could careless, just like you said you could careless what we think about your label, why are you responding to it? im just stating what happened and what i read about your label. thanks for taking the time to find my myspace :)

Hey young buck, I think the saying is "supposably": "I COULDN'T care less". See, the way the saying goes, you're implying you COULD NOT care less about something, as if, you care NOTHING about it already (i.e. literally impossible for you to care less). So... since you "COULD careless" (note: your one word use 'careless' hahahhaa), you're implying you kinda DO care, since you COULD care less (i.e. it's possible for you to care less).

See how that saying works - and also - how it DOESN'T work if used improperly, and you end up implying the exact opposite of what you meant to say? Funny how not bein learned good can do that to ya. Sorry - was that too much for you?

BTW, incredible - you really DID use the "just sayin'" argument that I already referred to in my earlier post(s). hahahahhahaha. You're "Just sayin" what you heard/feel/think, and I'm "just respondin" to what you CLAIM to have "read about my label".

So you're "just stating what happened" and "what you read about my label" huh? Cool - so when did it happen that I stopped doing my label and when did it happen that PIB was the last release? Where did you read that, again?

.......still "just sayin".

Kyle

("supposably" done now).

you knew what i meant, i dont think the grammar lesson was needed. i read what i thought was a serious post about your label being done on b9, and it didnt seem like it was a lie, so i took it as that. then i just said my experiences with your label. i think the funniest part of your response was you making fun of the music i listen to, people like other music besides hardcore. i guess im done with this. please spare me and dont type another page response, thanks ;)

you knew what i meant, i dont think the grammar lesson was needed. i read what i thought was a serious post about your label being done on b9, and it didnt seem like it was a lie, so i took it as that. then i just said my experiences with your label. i think the funniest part of your response was you making fun of the music i listen to, people like other music besides hardcore. i guess im done with this. please spare me and dont type another page response, thanks ;)

FUCK YEAH, another "canned response" that I already predicted folks would resort to (see: quote below). Hahaha, first the "just sayin" argument, then the "wow, look at how much time you put into this" response. You kids never EVER disappoint - this guy is just full of gems. PS - "the reason" I still respond is because I enjoy this...... immensely. Here's to hoping you keep responding!

PS - I'm going to save us all some time and put in the fill-in-the-blank reply that I'm sure all you dimwit stand-up comedians will try to make:

"LOL at how much time he put into that. no one's going to read that garbage"

cool, you're right, no one will. joke made. let's move on, i don't want to read 55 of those "jokes".

scoreboard.

Kyle.

FUCK YEAH, another "canned response" that I already predicted folks would resort to (see: quote below). Hahaha, first the "just sayin" argument, then the "wow, look at how much time you put into this" response. You kids never EVER disappoint - this guy is just full of gems. PS - "the reason" I still respond is because I enjoy this...... immensely. Here's to hoping you keep responding!

PS - I'm going to save us all some time and put in the fill-in-the-blank reply that I'm sure all you dimwit stand-up comedians will try to make:

"LOL at how much time he put into that. no one's going to read that garbage"

cool, you're right, no one will. joke made. let's move on, i don't want to read 55 of those "jokes".

scoreboard.

Kyle.

id agree with that, but i read all of it anyways, just some of the shit you said in the first post came out of left field

I feel for the dude from Rivalry. I've been the victim of forum bashing in the past and it sucks.

There are a lot of whiny bitches on this site (thus my large negative karma). A lot of people complain about how records are packaged. I've heard "Not enough packaging!", "Too much packaging!"... Clearly there is not winning.

I received four LPs from Rivalry and other than not getting a "friend press" (DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! j/k), I have no complaints. The records were packaged how I expect to receive records... in a record mailer. Yeah, there could have been poly bags, but it wouldn't kept any records from getting bent or split seams. Don't like bent corners? Don't buy mailorder! It's a risk you take in doing so and since it seems a lot of you will never be happy unless you receive your records encased in steel and handled with white gloves at a cost of $4 for shipping, you might be better off.

I feel for the dude from Rivalry. I've been the victim of forum bashing in the past and it sucks.

There are a lot of whiny bitches on this site (thus my large negative karma). A lot of people complain about how records are packaged. I've heard "Not enough packaging!", "Too much packaging!"... Clearly there is not winning.

I received four LPs from Rivalry and other than not getting a "friend press" (DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! j/k), I have no complaints. The records were packaged how I expect to receive records... in a record mailer. Yeah, there could have been poly bags, but it wouldn't kept any records from getting bent or split seams. Don't like bent corners? Don't buy mailorder! It's a risk you take in doing so and since it seems a lot of you will never be happy unless you receive your records encased in steel and handled with white gloves at a cost of $4 for shipping, you might be better off.

amen! though i haven't heard the "too much packaging" complaint before, haha.

wow.

i thought people posting on a (more or less) punk/hc/metal/d.i.y. message board wouldn't be such whinny bitches about a bent corner and shit. and to those whose records were mangled, post a pic.

i think the real reason most of you people are pissed is because you all had great plans on flipping this fast as "mint" and now you can't. really, if you like a record and LISTEN to it alot (which your SUPPOSED to do) its probably gonna get a little dinged up anyways. bitching never solved annnnyyything.

bring on the smites.. =)