and at that moment i knew i was a geek

So today i was listening to master of puppets while re-alphabetizing my records and watching night of the living dead (1990) on my tv on mute, and i knew what was happening and the conversations the characters were having. then i went and read some more of the slash autobiography and green lantern comics.

total geek man.

anybody else have one of those moments?

A few days ago I was supposed to go out to the bar with some friends, instead I stayed home because I wanted to finish an anime series I was watching.

Yesterday I was browsing amazon and came across a Gothic Lolita figurine of Haruhi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and even though it is $90 put it in my cart and almost bought it. I then realized that going into figurine collecting is 1000 times geeky then just enjoying anime and games. I also almost bought an Odin Sphere Gwendolyn one because it was seriously beautifully made.

Bragging in a joking manner with friends that I am in the top 300 Peggle players in the world for single level high score, and in the top 200 or so in single shot score...or that I got to level 34 in Nazi Zombies (Verrukt level) by myself. That, or trying to philosophically integrate calculus/quantum mechanics into as many things I can (pun slightly intended)

I would rather be a geek/nerd/dweeb than one of those pretentious hipster types that argues with you over why some obsure band no one cares about is so much better than anything you ever listened to, only to take back their words when said band becomes remotely popular.

I collected comics and toys for five years before they stopped making the toy line I collected and I was happy reading wiki opposed to real issues of comics. Then I started collecting vinyl, something I have half assed done for years. I have a Sega Genesis/CD/32x set up and ready to go. I live my life as a geek and every decision I make reminds me of this.

i used to go visit my ex gf at work all the time (she was a waitress at a bar) and i always got weird looks from her coworkers she informed me the first time they saw me they thought i look like a weirdo geek and she told them yeah he collects comic books and vinyl records and hes 22. and it confirmed their theories. It was a really depressing conversation cause i think im just a normal dude but i guess collecting comics, records and owning blank check, heavyweights, and camp nowhere on dvd makes you a geek

god, once i get my game room set up further it will a testament to all things geek, i have show posters of shows that i've been to on the walls, old metal cassettes, vhs horror movies, a wall of dvds. godzilla figures, mighty muggs, ps2, genesis games, and an 8 track player.

and a handmade katana, over a lightsaber.

i used to go visit my ex gf at work all the time (she was a waitress at a bar) and i always got weird looks from her coworkers she informed me the first time they saw me they thought i look like a weirdo geek and she told them yeah he collects comic books and vinyl records and hes 22. and it confirmed their theories. It was a really depressing conversation cause i think im just a normal dude but i guess collecting comics, records and owning blank check, heavyweights, and camp nowhere on dvd makes you a geek

I just watched heavyweights on a couple of weeks ago with someone on this board who has it on DVD, I have Camp Nowhere though (my 3rd favorite Christopher Lloyd movie)

I had a moment like this in High School, I brought an ex of mine home and she laughed at my room, I had my SNES up next to my cds,records and comics, I remember her telling some our mutual friends how lame it was but they actually thought it was cool (they were dudes,I guess geeks too)

Luckily the girls I was seeing up to a year ago were cool with the whole thing, one of the girls I was seeing worked at the amoeba in Hollywood and prob. has the best record collection I've ever seen