2mil or 3mil

also do ones with flaps really protect it more? it seems like it does but they are such a pain in the ass some times.

Flaps are super annoying if you listen to your records. I would only suggest using those for stuff like test presses or doubles that you aren't going to play much/at all.

does anyone use the bagsunlimited ones?

I'd say most people who have them bought them from Bags Unlimited.

And I use the resealable bags. Not sure the "goo" issue that people are talking about. It's a very thin, and not very strong line of some substance comparable to the strength of a piece of scotch tape (sticky-wise). The strip is not sticky enough to attach itself to your jacket, without being able to safely remove it. I have never accidentally caused any damage to a jacket through it sticking to the bag. Not to mention the sticky-substance is on the bag itself, not the flap (even after a long time of use, the substance doesn't leave residue on the flap) so your jacket never comes in contact with the substance, unless you are careless in handling it.

I also listen to my records, and I find the 3 seconds it takes to open the bag is really no big deal. (You've got to be real lazy to find it an inconvenience) It keeps pet hair as well as dust out of my record jackets, and does a great job of doing so.

And obviously the thicker the bags is, the more durable it is.