iPhone 3.0

Guest duhpunk

and how do you send MMS? i've been looking everywhere, and can't find the option

Dude, go in to the messaging as normal, in the bottom left, just above the keyboard across from the send button, is a little camera icon. Click on it and choose use existing to use something from our pics or take a new picture.

It's not showing up on mine. There are quite a few things not working correctly for me.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is pissing me off, there are a few apps that have updates available, so it has the '3' on top of the icon, which for some reason bugs me. I want it gone, but can't, since the store isn't working properly.

same deal here. plus, i want the MLB app now that they have added streaming video.

and how do you send MMS? i've been looking everywhere, and can't find the option

Can you stream games live?

Just downloaded it...10 minutes...installed...another 10 maybe less...I haven't tooled around w/ it yet but checked out the landscape text keyboard...cool.

All my apps are there...BUT...I noticed that a few got rearranged and there was an additional "page" for them with just one. Had to re-shuffle everything to how I had it.

Tethering is using your phone as a modem.

If you're at a park with your phone and laptop, and need to send someone a file from your computer, you'd tether your phone to your computer (via bluetooth or USB), and in a sense, your computer feeds off of your phone's data plan. (AT&T is probably going to charge for this, though I read somewhere a few months ago that it could be as low as $10/month)

It's not just for laptops, though it's the obvious use.

UPDATE on why my apps disappeared (for those who just read this thread, earlier I was missing apps yet they were saying they were installed, but just not showing up on my iPhone):

So, I felt like House just trying to solve this mystery and diagnosing it every which way I could possibly imagine. This is going to be nerdy:

I jailbroke my iPhone under the OS 2.2 release. I used a jailbreak app called "Categories" to put my apps into special folders (e.g., "Games" and all my games would go into this folder cleaning up my iPhone springboards). Anywho, I went ahead and did an iPhone backup like usual before I installed the new 3.0 OS. Everything goes fine, but some of my apps are not showing up...hmm. After assuming it was a developer problem or an OS problem, I remember that Categories must also be considered as a culprit. Looking at which apps were not showing up on my iPhone, I realized these were the apps that were also in folders.

So, the apps are indeed installed on my iPhone however, Categories must hide the app icon (and the app must save this information), because even after installing the new OS 3.0, and NOT installing a jailbreak or Categories yet, the apps are still not showing up.

How to solve? The Jailbreak Dev team said they'd probably release the jailbreak for the 3.0 OS this weekend after the 3G S iPhones are released. So, I'll jailbreak and install Categories and see if I fix this. Otherwise, I'll probably have to completely restore my iPhone from scratch and not from a backup (losing all my configurations).

Sorry for the long post! Thought I'd share :)

Just downloaded it...10 minutes...installed...another 10 maybe less...I haven't tooled around w/ it yet but checked out the landscape text keyboard...cool.

All my apps are there...BUT...I noticed that a few got rearranged and there was an additional "page" for them with just one. Had to re-shuffle everything to how I had it.

Juan, everyone; If you didn't notice already, one of the "blank" page icons is actually the Spotlight (search) function. (If you look closely you'll see it there is a magnifying glass icon). Just flip over to that page and waaa-laaah: search yr whole phone!

is this worth $10?

/ipod touch user

Eh, not to me (I have a Touch as well) - I don't see it being able to use the OS's full potential.

BTW - Has anyone been over to the iPhone Discussion board @ Apple dot com? It is fucking hilarious. Hundreds of people starting the same topic: "HELP!! Upgrade to 3.0 BuT NOOO MMS!!??"

No one knows how to read anymore huh?

Juan, everyone; If you didn't notice already, one of the "blank" page icons is actually the Spotlight (search) function. (If you look closely you'll see it there is a magnifying glass icon). Just flip over to that page and waaa-laaah: search yr whole phone!

I'm not sure if you're hypothesizing on why his apps moved, or just speaking in general, but I'm pretty sure they moved because of the new Voice Recorder app.

Juan - the reason one of the pages just had one app on it is because apple put the sound recorder app on the front page. Whatever was in the bottom right corner of your front page got bumped to its own page on page 2.

That's what I realized once I started re-arranging all my apps. All is well now.